Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New to Honda! First Honda Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnduroBro is an unknown quantity at this point
New to Honda! First Honda Civic!

Hello all hope all is well! So I just bought my first Honda and it's a Civic. I have always been around American Muscle and never thought I would own or drive a Honda. Where I live there are a lot of "ricers". Like legit dbags, but they're in every car community. I have always loved the look of 6th and 7th gen Civics personally, and I'm a huge fan of the CRX. I remember playing a game called Juiced in my younger years and always used a CRX. Here's how I ended up with my civic... A few weeks ago my 2011 Escape was totaled and I loved that car. Insurance totaled it out and I had to find a car quick. I drive way too much (when I get anxious or flighty my wife hates it), I drive. I ride and race mountain bikes and am an avid cyclist (hence enduro bro). I wanted fuel economy and a car that looks good, but most of all reliability, a clean title, and manual transmission. I started researching and looking at 8th gen Honda Civics and really liked the 2007 EX Coupes. The problem was finding one untouched and left stock, clean title, and below 200K miles with a 5 speed, in decent shape, and in North Carolina. Well I finally found one! I bought a black 2007 LX Coupe 5 speed stock with 168,000 miles, clean title, and paid the guy $2700. I believe I got a fair deal. I drove and said to myself "holy **** this is a fun car". I've had a 94 Mustang GT, 2001 Bonneville SSEi, 2006 Mustang GT, and my 2011 Escape. And this is the most comfortable and fun to drive car I've had. I have compiled a con list of the things that I do need to fix! And I'm planning some "minor" mods. Oh it came with some MKw wheels... They look really good but I don't know if they're quality. I do regret passing "ricer" judgement in my past, but I hope I can atone for it. I guess I've always secretly been a honda fan!

Fix/Con list:
Top and hood clear coat has faded bad I guess that's a common problem
Missing driver sunvisor mirror (going to pull a part in Charlotte, NC)
Missing those things that go across the air vent on one of the vents passenger side
The infamous driver side window motor doesn't work
The cruise control doesn't seem to work 100% (won't use it)
The speakers are blown but like bro I was gonna change all that anyways
The pioneer head unit the previous owner installed just sucks
One of the interior dome lights are out
And the maintenance wrench with b1 is on. I believe that's a tire rotation and oil change
Change the rear drums to disc brakes

Future "mod list":
Yakima Roof rack (I just love love love the look of roof racks on a car with some bikes on it)
Maybe lower it a little bit (I'm 6'4" so maybe not but I hate wheel gap)
Maybe some engine stuff like a more efficient CAI
Gotta change that shift **** (am I really driving if the shift **** isn't inline with my chi, bro?)
Maybe change out the emblems to something else of a different color
clean that thing top to bottom, I hate the smell of bud personally
Install some aftermarket headlight maybe some HIDs (I hate them if they're coming towards me, love them when they're guiding my way)
Maybe some suspension stuff

Overall I really like this car. I wish I had drove one sooner. And I'm getting 38MPG right now, and with a roof rack it shouldn't take it below 30MPG which is far better than my Escape was with something on or off the roof. Surprisingly that SUV got 28MPG with just crossbars. I eventually want to build up a 2004 Civic in the poppy blue. I love that color. Here is a picture of my car! I hope to learn a lot here!

Last edited by EnduroBro; 03-14-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: New to Honda! First Honda Civic!

Welcome!
Don't bother with the CAI they don't accomplish anything besides being shiny
Old 03-15-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Welcome!
Don't bother with the CAI they don't accomplish anything besides being shiny
Thank you. That's my understanding is that unless I'm planning on doing more of a build then it small bolt ons wont do much in the terms of performance.
Old 03-15-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum and community. I also have a lot of muscle car/truck people around me, gotta roll coal and be a man type of stuff. Honda's get blamed for the ricer thing but it's everywhere. I see Mustangs and Camaros that are riced out usually owned by a younger kid. There is even a riced out 3 series BMW around me and a base Charger that is trying to look like an R/T. Most people who bad mouth imports have never owned or driven one. Everything is not about HP and torque numbers, there are other aspects to driving. Looks like you found a great starting point. Suspension mods are usually the best bang for the buck.

Get some summer tires, roll bars and coil overs and have a blast on the back roads. Really get in touch with your driving and learning to be a better driver. The lower power of the Civic will teach you how to maintain speed and control the car better.

Originally Posted by EnduroBro
Thank you. That's my understanding is that unless I'm planning on doing more of a build then it small bolt ons wont do much in the terms of performance.
Correct. Unless you get a newer CIvic with the Turbo engine or an Si with a K20 bolt on's don't do much. A CAI does add some noise which is a plus.
Old 03-16-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to the forum and community. I also have a lot of muscle car/truck people around me, gotta roll coal and be a man type of stuff. Honda's get blamed for the ricer thing but it's everywhere. I see Mustangs and Camaros that are riced out usually owned by a younger kid. There is even a riced out 3 series BMW around me and a base Charger that is trying to look like an R/T. Most people who bad mouth imports have never owned or driven one. Everything is not about HP and torque numbers, there are other aspects to driving. Looks like you found a great starting point. Suspension mods are usually the best bang for the buck.

Get some summer tires, roll bars and coil overs and have a blast on the back roads. Really get in touch with your driving and learning to be a better driver. The lower power of the Civic will teach you how to maintain speed and control the car better.

Correct. Unless you get a newer CIvic with the Turbo engine or an Si with a K20 bolt on's don't do much. A CAI does add some noise which is a plus.
Thank you! I’m a good driver, I love taking mountainous roads and practicing my cornering. I love taking my car on back roads to get to an u heard of trail with my bike too. I’m going to be doing a custom audio system soon nothing too big, but enough for me! Hoping to do a thread on that. I also need to get the top and hood repainted as the clear cost faded and it looks bad and install the roof rack, and gotta hit a junkyard to get those rear disc brakes. I want to lower the car and do some suspension as well. Maybe a small turbo later down the road. Not wanting to race just something that looks good. Might enter it into some car shows because they’re just cleaning competitions. Lol.
Old 03-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Welcome, check out the 7th gen. section. PTWR Power To Weight Ratio makes a few mods make a the Civic pretty responsive with good mileage and reliability.