Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Honda Civic power loss 02

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fivegorets is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic power loss 02

Good morning! My Honda 02 has been to numerous mechanic , it’s even been to the Honda dealer.. They still can’t find out why it losses power. When driving under 49 around town it losses power . To regain power we have to floor. Recently took it back to the mechanic . Four of his mechanics look at it and they came to the conclusion it has to be the wiring . They do not know where. When my husband picked it up this morning , it started acting up right away! But as soon as the check engine light came on it ran fine. Please help us.
Old 08-31-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Re: Honda Civic power loss 02

You need to tell us what the trouble codes are.

Does flooring it fix it every time?

Do you guys ever work on your own cars, and are capable of testing things? if so I'd force the car into open loop by disconnecting the o2 sensor(s), since flooring it makes it run right. this is not a fix but would narrow it down to a few sensors or the ECU itself(or the wiring connecting the two)

I'm a sign painter though, not a mechanic.so just my 2¢

you should also add your location to your profile. if you happened to be near me i would refer you to a mechanic that specializes in wiring systems. he'd probably laugh and have it fixed in under an hour

Last edited by RobertD; 08-31-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fivegorets
I had the computer changed . Mine is still doing the same thing!
Originally Posted by Fivegorets
I will have my husband check . We just had the ecm changed yesterday drove fine for about 15 miles , then it stared back. The check engine lights back on. But it also has a hard kick when it down shifts.
Did you never get this fixed properly?
Old 10-17-2018
Registered!!

So I was wonder if anyone knows where the timing variable soloinoid is located on a Honda Civic 02.
on a non vottec engine.
Old 10-17-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

So I was wonder if anyone knows where the timing variable soloinoid is located on a Honda Civic 02.
on a non vottec engine.
there isnt any
Old 10-18-2018
Registered!!

Thank you!