Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Nice Trade

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowButSteady is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Nice Trade

So...this past week I drove to the Honda dealership in a slightly over-heated Chevy S-10 pickup that sucked up a quarter tank of fuel on the way up there...
...and drove home in a cool new Civic LX Sedan that hinted I was getting nearly 40 MPG.

Hello.
Old 04-22-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Nice Trade

Welcome to land of low fuel consumption and the forum!!

What year did you get? A new new, or new to you?
Old 04-22-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to land of low fuel consumption and the forum!!

What year did you get? A new new, or new to you?
I've been to this land of low fuel consumption before. In the early 1970's I used a small Honda generator when building my house miles from the power lines. Then I bought a Honda Trail 90 and put 27,000 miles on that tiny motorcycle without ever leaving the county. Then after many years of 4x4 stuff ---mostly Subaru --- I moved to town and bought a 2015 Honda Fit. I'm so impressed with that car, I just went and traded in my last pickup for this new/new 2018 Civic.

The Fit, the Civic, and my hair are all a similar shade of grey.

Last edited by SlowButSteady; 04-22-2018 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-22-2018
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Lol that’s a great shade of grey. Honda makes some of the best small motors.

I love my Fit, great little car. The Civic is just icing on the cake!!
Old 04-22-2018
Registered!!

I've never personally been particularly good about choosing the cars that are winners (you know... the ones that several of your friends had for years, smiling the whole time, and then crying when the cars finally gave out with extremely high mileage.) In the age of the internet, I've learned my lesson. When automotive writers whom you respect (and over the years have picked some really great cars) start raving about a certain make an model---that's the time to spring into action and get those cars. That's how I came upon these two recent Hondas... and I make it a point to write thank you notes.
Old 04-22-2018
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by SlowButSteady
When automotive writers whom you respect (and over the years have picked some really great cars) start raving about a certain make an model---that's the time to spring into action and get those cars.
I use Car and Driver as my baseline. I practically bought my Fit before ever test driving one because I liked what C&D had to say about it. My dad got me into cars at a young age and sent me on the Honda path.
Old 04-22-2018
Registered!!

I read this... and then picked up the phone and ordered my Fit before ever seeing or driving one. They're fairly rare around here. I was on the road for months before spotting another one. I waved and waved like old British sports car days.
Old 04-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about

hhaha) the fit iu mean like bmw mini back in the day, they were tiny and unusual.
Old 04-25-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome friend =D