Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New member from CenCal

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Droop408 is an unknown quantity at this point
New member from CenCal

Sup fellas? I’m an older guy (42) that needed a car for work. I picked up a 95 civic ex 4dr 5speed. It’s perfect cuz I always wanted to see what I can do with a civic. I’m not really sure of my goals with this car. I’m not trying to do a crazy build but I would like to build a fun car to zip around in. At first I only planned some bolt on’s and “maybe” a small turbo in the future, but as I read on here that engine swaps ARE legal in California, I might go that route. To be clear, the law says same year as car or newer. But does that include bigger engines? Like, do I have to stick to the D engines or can I put a B or maybe even K? Any help would be cool. Thanks guys. It has some minor dings...
Wish it was the grey interior.
Old 03-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New member from CenCal

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-12-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Droop408
At first I only planned some bolt on’s and “maybe” a small turbo in the future, but as I read on here that engine swaps ARE legal in California, I might go that route. To be clear, the law says same year as car or newer. But does that include bigger engines? Like, do I have to stick to the D engines or can I put a B or maybe even K? Any help would be cool. Thanks guys.
Finding a CARB legal turbo might be a bit harder (maybe a lot harder) to do than a swap. As long as the engine you're putting in is as old or newer than the chassis, you'll be fine. You can't go wrong with either B or K swap. Sure, the B series has long been established, but the K series is quite the beast.
Old 03-12-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Finding a CARB legal turbo might be a bit harder (maybe a lot harder) to do than a swap. As long as the engine you're putting in is as old or newer than the chassis, you'll be fine. You can't go wrong with either B or K swap. Sure, the B series has long been established, but the K series is quite the beast.
ok, good to know. I don’t need to have the latest engine trend, certainly not the most expensive. I’m a family man so as long as I don’t go overboard, I’ll see which one I can swing. Like I said, I just want a fun car for the California twisties and hold my own on against one of the many that’ll rev up next to me.
Old 03-12-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Ah crap, forgot to jump on the welcome wagon. lol

Welcome to the forum! Where abouts in central cali you at? My mom lives in San Joaquin county and my sister lives in Oakland. I, myself, and Bay Area born and raised, but have lived in Vegas since 98
Old 03-12-2018
Registered!!

[QUOTE=xRiCeBoYx;4741537]Ah crap, forgot to jump on the welcome wagon. lol

Welcome to the forum! Where abouts in central cali you at? My mom lives in San Joaquin county and my sister lives in Oakland. I, myself, and Bay Area born and raised, but have lived in Vegas since 98[/QUOTE

im from San Jose myself, born and raised. But I’ve been living in Tulare for about 8yrs.
Old 03-13-2018
Registered!!

[QUOTE=Droop408;4741538]
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Ah crap, forgot to jump on the welcome wagon. lol

Welcome to the forum! Where abouts in central cali you at? My mom lives in San Joaquin county and my sister lives in Oakland. I, myself, and Bay Area born and raised, but have lived in Vegas since 98[/QUOTE

im from San Jose myself, born and raised. But I’ve been living in Tulare for about 8yrs. Can you tell me what my civic is, EG, EK, etc??
Old 03-13-2018
Administrator
Administrator

EH9, if my research was correct. Should be positions 4, 5, and 6 in your VIN

E.g. my car's vin starts with SHHFK7... Those first 6 digits tells me my car is a UK-assembled Honda car (Swindon plant) with an FK7 chassis
Old 03-13-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome m8. =D