Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Toronto here. Friends?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Toronto here. Friends?

Hey.
Im thinking of getting a Honda civic soon.
31 year old male/etobicoke

I will need to fix up as I will need buy super cheap.

So I figured maybe I could make some friends here. Ive never owned a Honda or Civic. I am more of American Muscle car fan but I need an A to B car for reliable transportation.

i know a little about working on cars. I would be a mechanic but I went to business school and dont have 4 years to waste on apprenticeship.

I used to have a 98 Dodge intrepud ES I worked on a lot. Huge pain. Who hides battery in damn wheel well? Lol.

Anyway. I hope to get helpful advice and friends.

Reason: for choosing Civic,
I hear its easy to work on, cheap parts, reliable high mileage, and I am broke and poor lol.
Old 01-28-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Toronto here. Friends?

Welcome to the forum!! Yes those are all the same reasons I like my Honda’s. Cheap parts is opinion but even OEM parts are cheaper then say Toyota OEM parts.

What gen civic where you looking at getting?
Old 01-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to the forum!! Yes those are all the same reasons I like my Honda’s. Cheap parts is opinion but even OEM parts are cheaper then say Toyota OEM parts.

What gen civic where you looking at getting?
Maybe 2004 or newer?
I waa told 2001-2003 has tranny and engine issues.

I dont know yet. I dont know how to choose. I dont know anything about Hondas. I am more of a muscle car AMX fan. I used to own a 3rd gen 1998 Dodge Intrepid ES. It was like driving a boat or limo. I miss that car. It was stolen. Idk where it is.

Are you in Toronto?
Old 01-28-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I would suggest pre 2001 (6th gen). Simpler car all around and can find them cheap. 01-05 had headgasket issues and get a 5 speed to avoid trans problems. My 01 never had a headgasket problem but maybe I was lucky. I’m not a fan of Chrysler products but I grew up around the Neon and PT Looser era! I still wouldn’t buy one, new or used.

No I am in Delaware.

Depending on your budget a newer one might be best for lower mileage (06 and up).