Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Introduce yourself

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lisa Sandoval is an unknown quantity at this point
Introduce yourself

I'm Lisa I am a owner of a 97 Honda Civic ex. This is my second Honda I have owned . My first was a Crx . So I guess I'm new to the Honda . Learning in progress. I'm from Houston,Tx. This is my story. Woke up in the morning got into the car went off to work drove fine. Went to leave work would not go started fine so I got a ride home. Finally got the car home so that I was able to get someone to look at it. Would not go in gear moved the gear shifter to reverse nothing Drive nothing neutral nothing starts fine purrs like a kitten no movement well my ex-husband who knows some what of the Hondas. He tinkered with it. Will effort after him tinkering with it he got it to where it would go but only for a moment then it would like automatically just go in neutral that limp mode turn the car off restart the car can go again back to the house, so I didn't drive it no more than around the block that's as far as it would go. Tinkered with<div style="text-align:left;">with it some more replaced a few of the solenoids from the pick a parts that we have out here and now it's it'll go but when it goes from 1st or 2nd right after 2nd gear to make a jolt or erratic shift it doesn't happen all the time and I can actually go further now in the neighborhood and just around the block. He's tested all of the solenoids except for the linear and what kind of have a feeling that that might be the problem but like I said I'm learning and listening so that's my story later</div>
Old 11-07-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Introduce yourself

Welcome to the forum!
Deleted your duplicate thread.

So the car starts fine, but wouldn't move once a gear had been selected?
Did the gear change in the dash cluster when the gear stick is moved?
Is the trans full? Must be checked with the engine off on level ground.
How does the trans fluid smell, look, feel?
Old 11-07-2017
Registered!!

Yes it changed on dash as. Well as on gear shifter The fluid has been drained several times no metal it's pink doesn't have aburnt smell if that's what I need to be smelling for and felt smooth
Old 11-07-2017

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Did the fluid look pink and clean when it first started acting up?
Or did it start acting up and the fluid's been changed a few times to try and fix that?
What's the mileage on the car?
Old 11-07-2017
Registered!!

Yes the fluid was pink wasn't like translucent .…out of bottle it was used or dirty when it started acting up.and yes it has been changed a few times since then to try to resolve the problem.Till this point I had no problem like this I'm not a mechanic but I have been looking into the problem I never needed to not worry about my automobile my ex took care of it well he's an ex now my car is down and I'm woman looking for answers . It's not easy . Now I m having to do this and it's hard ummm shall I say It is what it is . I'm sugar coating anything I'm just wanting to understand and if it's to late for my baby . I'm worried, I drained the trans after it wouldn't move yes to try to fix it 191,000. Are you receiving these posts?????
Old 11-07-2017

No lights on the dash? None of the gear lights are blinking correct?
Have you checked the level yet?
Engine off, car on level ground. Its better to check while its hot but you can check it cold as well.

If the level is good the trans may be kaput, however I am not a mechanic, I haven't messed around with the inner workings of an automatic trans.
It is possible to have the trans rebuilt/replaced.
But it can be costly, especially if you can't do any of the work yourself.

Get someone competent to look at the car before you start spending money on it.