Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

from no emissions test to needing them

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
antrmo is an unknown quantity at this point
from no emissions test to needing them

Hello fellow car lovers, I am in N,Ont and we do not need any sniff tests for our cars here. I will be moving back to GTA and need some help getting my car ready or some tips so I can keep driving when I get their.

so a little background,
Hi , my name is troy, and I have been building my 96 hatch from a auto d16y7 to a lowerd , standard, B16 turboed, ride it is for the last 10 years give or take..

here are what i see being problems, obd1 ecu, so no obd2 compliant, no cat, 4 point harness seat belts,,no airbag in switched steering wheel, SO...
Im hoping to get the ucu tuned and dyno the car soon as I just finished the turbo install, not sure if that helps, but I dont think they can make it seem obd2 or atleast appear that way.
good to meet you all. move thread if needed, look forward to the help.
Old 03-25-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: from no emissions test to needing them

welcome to the forums!
Old 03-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Find out what sort of tests will need to be done?

Keep car registered in your old location to avoid testing?
Sell the car?
Don't move?
Old 03-27-2017
Registered!!

so far keeping it registered here makes the most sense but not sure how to do that with out having a home here. maybe under a friends address?,
Old 03-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

but not sure how to do that with out having a home here. maybe under a friends address?,
Got immediate family there? Any kin at all?
Old 03-30-2017
Registered!!

A ex wife lmao... 14 year old son....A best friend
Old 04-03-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by antrmo
Hello fellow car lovers, I am in N,Ont and we do not need any sniff tests for our cars here. I will be moving back to GTA and need some help getting my car ready or some tips so I can keep driving when I get their.

so a little background,
Hi , my name is troy, and I have been building my 96 hatch from a auto d16y7 to a lowerd , standard, B16 turboed, ride it is for the last 10 years give or take..

here are what i see being problems, obd1 ecu, so no obd2 compliant, no cat, 4 point harness seat belts,,no airbag in switched steering wheel, SO...
Im hoping to get the ucu tuned and dyno the car soon as I just finished the turbo install, not sure if that helps, but I dont think they can make it seem obd2 or atleast appear that way.
good to meet you all. move thread if needed, look forward to the help.
Do you have a receipt for the engine? You might be able to register it as a hot rod, you'll still have to do a sniff test but the limits are very lenient, you would have to put a cat in though.

Or as suggested, keep it registered up there