Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New Canadian!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharks is an unknown quantity at this point
New Canadian!

Hey guys, new here and had a few questions before I purchase my first 2006 Civic EX coupe. Is automatic considered "uncool" and "slow" as opposed to standard? I can drive standard, but it's a pain where I live. Also, what's considered "rice"? I'm definitely into getting my Civic a little aftermarket but I'm probably not gonna do a lot under the hood. I'm not a guy who looks for races or anything like that, I just want a nice looking car. I'm hoping to throw in a cold air intake, new headlights, HID's, LED lights for the interior, maybe some fogs nothing major. Just wanted to know if I'm gonna get bashed by people lol. Also, what are some cheap ways to up the HP on these cars because they only come with 140 stock and I wouldn't mind having a little more speed. Again, I don't look for races or anything so it's not a huge deal, I'm just curious. Thanks guys!
Old 07-10-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: New Canadian!

Welcome!

Manual vs automatic is personal preferance really. If I lived in a city I might get an automatic but I prefer a manual.

There is a thread on the forum that has "rice" cars in it. You can also google it and see. Basically think fast n furious.
Old 07-10-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site! Nothing wrong with automatic, most race cars nowadays are either automatic or paddle shift with no clutch. Post some pictures
Old 07-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses guys! I may be joining the standard world after all, found a great deal on a 2010 Civic DX standard with low KM. Learning hopefully won't be too hard.