Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Fng

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012
BACON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TJDukit is an unknown quantity at this point
Fng

Hello my name is Brian, currently I am active duty Air Force stationed at Hill AFB in Utah.

I just bought what would be my 4th Civic since I was just a little kid. My parents had a '78 CVCC that had over 1 million miles on it when it got crushed by a tree. We had two more civics after that and this is now my second personal civic I've had. I've always loved them since that first one we had.

This one is a '95 originally an auto. One of the previous owners swapped in a 1.6L and manual. I bought it thinking it needed a clutch. I got it all torn down and the clutch looked fine but replaced it anyway since I was in there. Next I'll be doing a timing belt and water pump and probably a tune up to hopefully fix the issue that is going on. I'll do some searching around to see if I can find a solution or at least someone with a similar issue. It's got a weird hesitation between 1500 and 2500 RPM which strangley felt like a slipping clutch.

Looking forward to picking some of your brains for advice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	83118  

Last edited by TJDukit; 04-16-2012 at 05:32 PM.