Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Newbster from CO

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flako is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbster from CO

What everyone,

Ive just picked up a 97 Civic LX Hatchback. I have owned Civics in the past but I moved to Jeeps for about 5 years after I got my licence suspended twice when I was younger. Anyhow, I was able to pick up a nice and clean civic and I want to make it look even better.

Im for sure passed the stage of trying to make my vehicle the fastest out there so I dont think Ill be messing with the engine for now.

What I do wish to do is lower a bit with out the vehicle bouncing all over the place (living in CO with snow would not allow me to lower it to much with out messing up the bumpers), change the headlights, tail lights and probably repaint it, the vehicle already comes with a nice header set and exhaust and some nice wheels. I wish to keep it as clean possible.

Any suggestions as to where to look for good aftermarket parts would be greatly appreciated.

here is a pic of my prior rig, pictures of my Civic will come soon.

Name:  StJohnsRoadSeptember2011041.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  160.4 KB

Name:  WheelerLakeAugust2011369.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  125.2 KB

Last edited by Flako; 11-22-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Newbster from CO

Very nice jeep, I just finished helping my buddy do some work on his.

What's your budget for lowering?
Old 11-22-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome!I've always wanted a Jeep to go offroading with.The first pic is very nice.
Old 11-22-2011
Registered!!

Well I really dont have a budget for this yet. I just picked up the car yesterday. But have no clue as to what to do with it first. What I do know is the that rear shocks are shot and dont want to spend money on shocks on it and then have to replace them if I lower the vehicle.

Im pretty savvy when it comes to lifting vehicles, but lowering them is something new to me.

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
Welcome!I've always wanted a Jeep to go offroading with.The first pic is very nice.
Wheeling is awesome! I really enjoy it, Ill probably be doing some more mild kinda of wheeling with my Xterra but nothing as crazy as I used to with the Jeep.

Last edited by Flako; 11-22-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

Ok finally took some pictures today, sorry the car is dirty we just got snow in Denver and we'll be getting some more tonight. No point in washing it.

Anyhow, One of the things I want to do with this car is get it painted. Anyone know of a good place to get it done with out loosing an arm and a leg?

Name:  TheHatchback001.jpg
Size:  190.5 KB

Name:  TheHatchback002.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  145.5 KB

Name:  TheHatchback003.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  157.7 KB

Name:  TheHatchback004.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  160.9 KB

Name:  TheHatchback005.jpg
Size:  172.5 KB
Old 12-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Check this thread out.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...paint-job.html
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Lol... if it wasnt 18 degrees out right now, I would give this a try for sure... hehehehe