Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

No headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subless is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation No headlights

I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX and last year both of my high-beams went out at the same time. I didn't care too much about it cause I hardly use high-beams. Well yesterday both of my low-beams went out at the same time like my high-beams did the previous year, so I have no headlights at all now.

I noticed about a month ago that when I would flick the steering column light switch from low to high beams real fast the high-beams would sometimes randomly come on with the high-beam indicator as well. But now if I try to flick it back and forth nothing happens.

My fog lights, park lights, turn signals, and hazard lights work perfectly fine, except the high-beam indicator due to the high-beams not working.

I replaced both headlight lamps, and headlight relays. I've checked the fuses under the steering wheel, and under the hood where the relays are located and they are fine except the left and right fuses aren't getting any power sent to them which made me suspect the relays, but replacing them didn't work either. The relays are getting power.

I also checked the recalls, and the one about the low-beams doesn't seem to be my issue since the high-beams went out first almost a year before the low-beams did.

Kinda lost on what to do next besides having the steering column light switch replaced.

Any advice?

Thank you.
Old 09-25-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: No headlights

I'll list all items in circuit other than wiring.

With DRLs

UNDER DASH
-Fuse 12
-Fuse 10
-Fuse 3
(it could also be a bad connection to the under hood fuse holder itself, the "multiplex control unit")

UNDER HOOD
-Fuse 19
-Fuse 17
-Fuse 15
-Headlight relay

DRL RELAY

DRL CONTROL UNIT (DIY repair link below, it's easy)
http://www.hometechprojects.com/proj...module-repair/

Combination Switch on steering stocks.

Without DRLs

UNDER HOOD

fuses

Headlight Relay

Under Dash

-Headlight Relay (my diagram didn't list any fuses underdash, but check them anyway)

Multiplex controller

combo switch