Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Headlight trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bradygc is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight trouble

Hey guys, I am new here so forgive me if I'm not doing this whole forum thing right. Anyways, I recently bought a 2002 Civic LX Sedan as my first car. A month ago, I noticed my drivers side headlight was not working. It will work when the car is not started (key in the "II" slot), but as soon as I turn the car on and the headlights on, the drivers side one goes out. DRL works fine, but when I flick the high beam switch, it goes out. I have already changed the headlight and put a fuse in and still nothing, which leads me to believe it's a grounding issue. Any help will be appreciated! Just tryna keep my first car for a long time
Old 06-10-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Headlight trouble

Did you check the under dash fuses as well?
Old 06-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bradygc is an unknown quantity at this point

I have, and I'm not quite sure what fuse it would be even after looking at the diagram on the panel door
Old 06-13-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

You're going to have to get a Hayness manual, trace the diagram back from the lights to the issue, with a multimeter and test light.