Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

TSX Retro in 04 Civic!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
herroherror is an unknown quantity at this point
TSX Retro in 04 Civic!!

Here are some pics from my TSX retrofit!

I wanted it to look like this and thought I could fit the a4 shrouds in by mounting the projectors low in the housing:

It turned out that the housing lense still got in the way so I had to quickly make up something from range covers since I had to get these done in a hurry so I could drive my car to work:

I know they're not pretty but I'll be redoing them soon so that the projector doesn't show.

Doesn't look too bad from far away right?

Lighting up my driveway.

The cutoff close to the wall. The rotational adjustment is slightly off but it doesn't seem to cause any glare so I might just keep it like that.

More cutoff pics:

List of parts used:
- Pair of TSX Projectors $180
- Pair of Matsushita Ballasts $180
- Pair of D2S Philips 4300k Bulbs $70
- Custom Wiring Harness $45
TOTAL: $475 (excluding hardware/tools)

Last edited by herroherror; 06-16-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
holy wow that looks perfect. props for making it so much like stock and aiming the beam correctly. even has the blue cutoff.
Old 06-16-2006
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
straight pimping bro~!
Old 06-16-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
u wanna sell them??? ill buy for $450
Old 06-16-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
holy wow that looks perfect. props for making it so much like stock and aiming the beam correctly. even has the blue cutoff.
thanks ... im not sure if it'll still look like that after I re-do them though. I'll be putting some black painted flanges to cover up the projector and in front of that, i'll be putting a little chrome ring around the projector lens. basically the same thing 7thGenerasianCivic did with his retro. the black paint on the flanges will probably reflect off the reflector and it'll look like empty black space in the low-beams with a projector sticking out of it.

also i'm not rreally happy with the rotational adjustment on these because they're slightly off. the left side of the passenger cutoff goes into the driver's side cutoff a little bit so when ppl see me driving towards them up a hill, the driver's side beam will hit their eye before the passenger beam does. I already j-b welded them on so I guess theyll have to stay that way lol

Originally Posted by djrabbi
u wanna sell them??? ill buy for $450
sorry but i'm not interested in selling these
Old 06-17-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
show this in hidplanet
nice work but if i where u i would reopen it and fix the shrould and do some color mods....

Last edited by jay78; 06-17-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Light output looks awesome and it's nice and level but you have to fix that shroud homie.

Looks good though
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jay78
show this in hidplanet
nice work but if i where u i would reopen it and fix the shrould and do some color mods....

its already on hid planet, i'm the one that told him to post it here since its a 7th gen =).

Anyways, your rotational on the passenager side needs to be rotated clockwise. Other then that it looks good man. Rotational aim is probably the most difficult when mounting a projector to a reflector.
Old 06-19-2006
Registered!!

I took out my headlights last night to redo the shoruds and here's what I came up with:

I couldn't find range covers that curved in a lot so I had to cut and bend mine. The chrome bezels are kinda coming off the flanges so I hope they stick to the projector real well or I'd have to reopen them and do it all over again. I was in a hurry to get these done cuz i have work tomorrow morning.

I haven't had a chance to aim them yet but I didn't really mess with the adjustment screw when I worked on them so they should be aimed the same way they were before.

I also did a color mod with washers I'll have new beam pics up later.
Old 06-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow looks great, cant wait for color shots.
Old 06-19-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
looks much better