Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

H3 or H11 Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tamazoid is an unknown quantity at this point
H3 or H11 Fog Lights?

Hi! I'm planning to buy some of the 01-03 OEM Fog lights from ebay... Which one is better? The ones that come with H11 bulbs? Or the ones with H3 bulbs?

Am I correct that the ones that comes with the real Honda OEM Fog Lights are H11 bulbs?

And one more question... Would I be able to put some HIDs in the either housing if I ever decide to get HIDs for them? Thanks!

I haven't seen much of H11 HIDs on the net available, so could I somehow fit the H3 HID bulb into a H11 housing? Thanks!
Old 01-04-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
there is no such thing as h3 fog lights for our cars. those listings are incorrect.

you could put an hid kit in your foglights, but why? the point of fog lights is to cut through the fog. if you stick in a high kelvin temperature rated bulb into a foglight, you're just going to get a lot of light bouncing off of the fog and into your eyes.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Well I was thinking of getting the low K HID bulbs... like 3000K or somemthing and also get the Lamin-X Yellow film for the fog... This stuff http://www.lamin-x.com/ or
http://www.clearautoshield.com/ or
http://www.instylegraphics.com/index.asp?cas=1&
Old 01-04-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it still wouldn't be a wise decision, monetarily. if you have the money and don't want to save for something else, then by all means, get HID fogs. just know that they don't serve a purpose 99% of the time that you're driving.
Old 01-08-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by infinite012
it still wouldn't be a wise decision, monetarily. if you have the money and don't want to save for something else, then by all means, get HID fogs. just know that they don't serve a purpose 99% of the time that you're driving.
I guess I'll just get the yellow film and halogen bulbs for now, and it'll be just for show... I already have Ion yellow Piaa driving lamps, and I just wanted so OEM fogs...
Old 01-10-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
i just made a thread almost similar to this the other day. lol

Get the nokya yellow bulbs, and get the 3M yellow tint from stickercity.com, and youre set. They look hella good. I just did mine with that setup

hids in fogs are pointless....
Old 01-12-2006
Registered!!

Rody is an unknown quantity at this point
HID's in Fog lights? Not a good idea!