Osram & Philips Vision Plus are the Best replacement bulbs 50% brighter

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sleeper2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Osram & Philips Vision Plus are the Best replacement bulbs 50% brighter

I have seen many people ask this question:
Get some Osram or Philips Vision Plus H4 bulbs. These bulbs are 50% brighter and don't have that ugly blue tint. And they are extremely bright white!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-OS...94081285QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PHILI...spagenameZWDVW
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i have vision plus and a set of osram silverstar stored for later.
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

keitaro is an unknown quantity at this point
why does my 05 use 9005/9006
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
those are a better bulb. i was driving next to one and it outshined my lights with upgraded harness
Old 12-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by keitaro
why does my 05 use 9005/9006
does that really affect you negatively?
Old 12-27-2005
Premium Member

his life is over now
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Gearbox is right, the 9006 bulb is a lot brighter and tend to give off a wide beam pattern. Before i did my retrofit, i put my 04 next to my friends 02 and my light outshined his light and lluminated more of an area. If you want the white color, just get whatever hyper white bulbs. Even with the philips bulbs you won't really see that big of a difference until you switch to HIDS.

When you compare halogens to HIDS, you'll see its like comparing a candle to a flash light. You'll never want to go back to halogens ever again once you switch to HIDS.
Old 12-27-2005
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Gearbox is right, the 9006 bulb is a lot brighter and tend to give off a wide beam pattern. Before i did my retrofit, i put my 04 next to my friends 02 and my light outshined his light and lluminated more of an area.
It also depends on how the reflector was designed.
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
04 reflector > 01-03 reflector
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
i like the slyvania cool blue bulbs. nice and white. just as bright as the silverstars IMO and half the cost.
Old 01-01-2006
Premium Member

i had those but decided i don't want the blue reflection during the day (altho it wasn't that much). the osram cool blue is supposed to be 4000k instead of the 3800k usa ones. i only had the usa sylvania and they lasted 2 years before one burned out.
Old 01-01-2006
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I always loved silverstars as far as halogens go.
Old 01-01-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i liked my silverstars, too. although the whiteness of my nokyas couldnt be beat even though they were coated in blue.
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

for you guys that had silverstar, were they very reflective during the day, and also how long did they last before blowing?
Old 01-02-2006

reflective? i'm not sure what you mean by that, but you couldn't see them in the headlights. the headlights looked stock with them in there.

my silverstars lasted me ~1 year, then i gave them to a friend who probably mishandled the lights. they blew out about 2 months after i gave them to him.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by infinite012
my silverstars lasted me ~1 year, then i gave them to a friend who probably mishandled the lights. they blew out about 2 months after i gave them to him.
that's so true. a lot of people mishandle the bulbs and wonder why, thinking the bulbs just suck.