Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Who tried PHILIPS VISION PLUS H4 bulbs?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maestro is an unknown quantity at this point
Who tried PHILIPS VISION PLUS H4 bulbs?????

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]For the moment, I tried PIAA, Eurolite and Katz h4. When I look directly my lights, they seem to be brighter.... but on the road I get less lightning. But evrything looks more white... All I want is LIGHTNING.... MUCH MORE LIGHTNING... For sure, HID is the solution but too expansive. I heard Philips Vision Plus is the best way for real more lightning. Have you tried it? What's the price?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
(long)

I have tried those types of bulbs before, and I was disappointed by their lighting performance. It made me realize that any time you apply that blue tint to the bulb, you're effectively reducing light output. In the same way that sunglasses or window tint does. I mean, you can't possibly increase light output by tinting the bulbs! You can't really improve output on clear glass.

On that note, there are various web sites where people have decided to test the effectiveness of PIAA bulbs and the like against stock bulbs. In every distance test, they found that stock bulbs were the best at illuminating objects despite the PIAA/aftermarket bulbs "looking" brighter on the car. This is deceiving, because they tint the bulbs blue and blue light disperses greater (glare effect). However, the downfall of this is that it is not necessarily higher light output (measured in candlepower).

Well anyway, I have the Philips Vision Plus bulbs in my car right now after trying those other aftermarket bulbs. I am happy with their performance, but by no means to they match true HID. They are clearly whiter (but not as white as say, PIAA SuperWhite), but if you look at the bulbs the bulbs are clear. The increased light output is accomplished by optimizing the design of the bulb. All in all, they are excellent bulbs, the best that I have tried. Since they are Euro-spec bulbs, you need to get them through a European retailer. I ordered them through Powerbulbs.com (UK), which offered free shipping even to North America. The cost was about $40CAD (also much cheaper than PIAA).

I've probably said this a million times on this message board, but you can't go wrong with quality bulbs from a mainstream manufacturer like Philips. They will certainly have the R&D and production resources to ensure a high level of quality. Other manufacturers like Hella, Stanley, Osram, Sylvannia are worth a look also.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

Maestro is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanx for your great reply!!! Do you have the address of the site with scientifics comparisions between these h4 bulbs?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the only one I have...

Superwhites
Table