Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

fog switch lighting

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
fog switch lighting

Okay I'm just about finished with doing red dash lights. The problem is I want my oem fog switch to light up amber/red like everything else. But its the sedan switch that lights yellow/green. Now I can pull apart most of it but not the front switch with the symbol on it. Thats where the green filter is that needs to be removed. Is there any way to remove it? Seems like its stuck on something but can't figure out what. Just adding red tape inside is making it way too dim and off color. I need the filter off. And please no telling me to buy a coupe switch because thats $50+
Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikem317 should not be trusted
Re: fog switch lighting

Gearbox,

Do you know the P/N for the amber bulb for this switch?
Old 07-14-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its not the bulb that lights it up, the coupe and sedan both use clear bulb. coupe has a red painted filter, sedan has green. i gave up and just blacked out the whole section over there. i dont really need them lighting up anyway. but if you want it amber you gotta buy the coupe switch. the front of the switch will not pull out of the housing to clear the paint off the back.
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
its not the bulb that lights it up, the coupe and sedan both use clear bulb. coupe has a red painted filter, sedan has green. i gave up and just blacked out the whole section over there. i dont really need them lighting up anyway. but if you want it amber you gotta buy the coupe switch. the front of the switch will not pull out of the housing to clear the paint off the back.
I have a coupe. I guess you could always buy the coupe switch. It's not that expensive (unless you factor in S/H). So the bulb that illuminates the switch (green = sedan, amber = coupe) is not replaceable?
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

08V31-S5D-120C = sedan
08V31-S5P-120C = coupe
Old 07-14-2007
Premium Member

do you mean the indicator part on top that comes on when you push the switch in? its just a twist bulb with a condom. i took that out too a while back (it was too bright) so i dont know what it looks like. i prolly have it around somewhere tho. there are two bulbs in the switch, one for the top part that lights up when switch is active (has condom on bulb), and another for the actual dash light icon thats a clear bulb and has painted color on the back of the icon.
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

Nevermind. I thought you were talking about the light behind the button that illuminates when the lights are powered on. I thought the indicator light is integrated in the switch.
Old 07-14-2007
Premium Member

no there is separate bulb for each (2 total) that can be removed
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
no there is separate bulb for each (2 total) that can be removed
Do you have the P/N? These are the lights that illuminate when the lights are on right?
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point

So are you sure the coupe switch light, lights up amber?

I installed my OEM Honda fogs last year for my coupe, the light indicating that the fogs are on lights up green. I never really thought about the colour until a couple months after I installed them.

I checked the part number on my invoice shows the the coupe switch P/N. I cant be sure if this was the actual item shipped to me but it could have been right, i dont have the packing still to confirm for sure.

Have you actually seen the coupe switch to confirm that it does light up a different colour?
Old 08-05-2007
Premium Member

hmm interesting, no i havent. i just assumed since the dash lights are different, and if you buy accessories like the cig lighter thing, it comes in two colors. no idea why they would use a green switch for coupe, when their dash has always been amber. but its possible.
Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point

i checked again yesterday, the backlighting of the actual button lights up amber but the indicator light, lights up green once the button is pushed to turn the fog lights on
Old 09-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sentbacktothesu is an unknown quantity at this point

i just purchased an OEM fog light switch from honda. 16.change, i don't know about your dealer but that sounds like a rip off.
Old 09-02-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by k-man
i checked again yesterday, the backlighting of the actual button lights up amber but the indicator light, lights up green once the button is pushed to turn the fog lights on

thats what its supposed to be. amber dash light. the green indicator can be removed or changed to clear by either taking off the condom, or swapping with led of any color.