Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

lights burning out too fast ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtec happy is an unknown quantity at this point
lights burning out too fast ?

I have a set of silverstars on my 2001 si(can) and it hasn't even been a year yet and already 1 is burnt changed it and now 2 weeks later another is burnt , is this a joke their like 33 $ a bulb. Is it possible that anything is wrong with the connection because last time it went off for a night and next day it was working. Anybody have this problem ?
Old 05-08-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
The rated life of a SilverStar is 160-180 hours. With the DRL circuit that would add up quick.
Old 05-08-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Lighting forum
Old 05-08-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
if they are sylvania silverstars, then maybe that's your problem. the US spec lighting equipment is always sub-par to what the europeans offer. get the osram silverstars and you should be set for more than a year
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
speaking of osram ss where the heck u get em? ebay doesnt have em nd i dont noe other places that sell em. got a place?

edit:i hear stock bulbs are better tho idk wat would b better, gettin osram or just keep stock?
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
I used to buy silverstars too and they do burn out quick, which is why I went with HID's

pull your DRL fuse should increase the bulb life signifigantly

Otherwise get HID's a good kits between 300-400 and the bulbs wont die on you (warrentied for 5 years) If your paying $66 twice a year (like I was) for silverstars HIDs quickly pay for themselves
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
no way im gettin HIDs unless im plannin on gettin projectors. i might just go for Philips Vision Plus cause im seeing that its the best out there compared to silverstars
Old 05-09-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
why not just stick with stock until you can afford HID? i don't understand why you would waste hard earned money, just to replace that same item in a few months
Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
just get mtecs. There cheap and last a pretty decent amount of time. I've had my 4300k mtecs on for 1.5yrs.
Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

well i would go HIDs if i really had that much money to blow off and would willing to blow off that much for some bulbs, which would prob throw so much glare around messin with pplz eyes. i prob will stay stock until i decide to really change em. or just go mtec. depending which one gives a great illumination and a good vision down the road.(could careless about the color)
Old 05-12-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
did u got to honda to get the light _service bullitin fix'';
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by crazyasian
well i would go HIDs if i really had that much money to blow off and would willing to blow off that much for some bulbs, which would prob throw so much glare around messin with pplz eyes. i prob will stay stock until i decide to really change em. or just go mtec. depending which one gives a great illumination and a good vision down the road.(could careless about the color)
youd be happy with a quick H4 plug and play kit, theres not that much glare as long as there aimed properly, they do come with glare shields. Ive been driving with em for 8 months and I Dont get flashed.

You say you dont care about color? Why are you using silverstars? Just buy some oem honda bulbs and enjoy.

oh and just a quick question, when your bulbs blow, does just the low filament blow but the high and drl still work? If so its the bulbs dieing, if the high filement also doesnt work there was a recall on some wiring harnesses from Honda.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AggressiveAdam
youd be happy with a quick H4 plug and play kit, theres not that much glare as long as there aimed properly, they do come with glare shields. Ive been driving with em for 8 months and I Dont get flashed.

You say you dont care about color? Why are you using silverstars? Just buy some oem honda bulbs and enjoy.

oh and just a quick question, when your bulbs blow, does just the low filament blow but the high and drl still work? If so its the bulbs dieing, if the high filement also doesnt work there was a recall on some wiring harnesses from Honda.
Uh. i dont have silverstars i still have oem bulbs its just i want something a lil better. and i wont b gettin hids anytime soon unless given for free b.c im trying to save up for other stuff.