Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

need bulbs for cleared corners....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sasquatch is an unknown quantity at this point
need bulbs for cleared corners....

this type of thing has been posted before but I'd like updated sources/links. I want clear bulbs that blink amber. I know PIAA makes some but I don't want to pay $40. Could I go LED? If so where and how to install? Do they plug right in like a bulb? I remember the banner on the upper right corner of this website used to advertise them but I can't remember who it was.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-27-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've tried em all and currently using colored orange bulbs.

Leds are way too dim to be safe, although they are clear during the day...

those chrome coated bulbs are also too dim and don't even give the right color

if you can mod the silverstar turn signals to fit somehow (they don't make 7443) those have kinda a blue diadem coating but still bright when signaling.

that's really it for options
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
why dont you just use the clear slyvania bulbs they sell at autozone for like $3. There clear in the day and blink like a light amber. There not as amber as the stock bulbs, but i think there brighter. I'm not really a fan of amber. I like the clear bulbs because they give that really clean look in the day.

here's a pic of my ride with the clear bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103500044.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	46192  
Old 01-27-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Some of us like the orange signals at night But yeah yours are brighter cause there's no coating.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
^^^^^^^^^^^^
its still pretty orange. I prefer the white color. I just dont like the blue coating on the xenon bulbs in the day time. I was gonna get leds, then i read your posts about led turn signals dying.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
^^^^^^^^^^^^
its still pretty orange. I prefer the white color. I just dont like the blue coating on the xenon bulbs in the day time. I was gonna get leds, then i read your posts about led turn signals dying.
I want the front to be as clear of color as possible, be LEGAL but still be bright enough to be seen.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

there clear in the day and there yellow when there on. i'll try to take a night pic this weekend.
Old 01-27-2005
Back from the dead

Liro is an unknown quantity at this point
www.autolumination.com

they have chrome bulbs that blink hyper white or orange, and they have double filament....
Old 01-27-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
B2 Hybrid makes some tight bulbs. I pay 8 bucks a piece here for them, but they last. The ones I got were blue outside, and lit up totally white. Only prob is the package is in japanese, so you have to ask somebody about what you want. Performance store should carry them around you, or look on the net.

B2 Hybrid
Old 01-27-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Lighting forum
Old 01-27-2005
Premium Member

chrome bulbs are garbage. Now you can try the polarg visual bulbs that have some sparkle coating, but that's gonna run you $40 per bulb!
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

Method4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have them Cyber white parking light`s, they look cool they have that ice blue color
Old 01-27-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
chrome = ****

stay stock or LED
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

chrome does seem crazy.. lol seems ugly to me, i never seen them though
Old 01-27-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
they honestly look nice inside the headlight since the pod is chrome.. so it blends in but, in time it just looks like crap and it peals/cracks
Old 01-27-2005
Premium Member

it also looks sucky when they're on. Like a dark orange nasty color. Leds are way too dim, so is using the small parking light as a signal...bad idea.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

yea i bet it does look crappy and faded allso
Old 01-27-2005
Premium Member

Maybe these are better than normal orange colored

http://mach3accessories.com/lightbulbs/7443.html
Old 01-27-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by gearbox
Leds are way too dim

are u sure?
Old 01-27-2005
Banned

they should remove the whole "sound" thing when people view the page, lol
Old 01-27-2005
Premium Member

ya that's kinda annoying. And yes regular led bulb replacements are dim. Now retrofit...that's different. I'm not doing that unless you want to and do a diy
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

I think I'll give the vision bulbs a try...$15 plus shipping is still expensive but they look decent at least in the pics....anybody else have any other ideas that don't involve retrofitting?

http://visionbulbs.com/
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

let us know how it goes. i still think the clear bulbs are best for turn signals. i dont like the blue or silver coats on the bulbs. It seems to take away from the clean look.
Old 01-31-2005
Premium Member

The silver coated bulbs are terrible. I still have mine in a box somewhere. Very dim and bad amber color.

I just spent alot of money on polarG visual amber bulbs. I'll let yo know how they look. Supposed to be a prism amber during the day and 2x brighter amber at night.
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

let us know how it goes. i still think the clear bulbs are best for turn signals. i dont like the blue or silver coats on the bulbs. It seems to take away from the clean look.
I TOTALLY agree. I think a clear bulb would look best but where are they? PIAA makes something but it doesn't look like for our cars and they are a mint. I've heard people diss the coated bulbs but no offense to gearbox whose been helpful to me I don't like the look of the amber colored bulbs in there.
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

The silver coated bulbs are terrible. I still have mine in a box somewhere. Very dim and bad amber color.

I just spent alot of money on polarG visual amber bulbs. I'll let yo know how they look. Supposed to be a prism amber during the day and 2x brighter amber at night.
polarGs? Got a link so I can check them out? I'll hold off on my purchase until we get your report on how the polarGs look.
Old 01-31-2005
Premium Member

www.mach3accessories.com

i got 2x 7443 and 2x 194 for my sidemarkers total $72
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sasquatch
I TOTALLY agree. I think a clear bulb would look best but where are they? PIAA makes something but it doesn't look like for our cars and they are a mint. I've heard people diss the coated bulbs but no offense to gearbox whose been helpful to me I don't like the look of the amber colored bulbs in there.

its kind of a compromise. The clear bulbs will be yellow at night, not white. I figure most people can see the details of your car more in the daylight so i went with the clear bulbs.

If you want to see how it looks, just look at the pic of my car on the first page. You can pick any set of clear bulbs from autozone or pep boys. I got the clear sylvania ones for like $3
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

www.mach3accessories.com

i got 2x 7443 and 2x 194 for my sidemarkers total $72
oh, my bad you'd already given that link....yowza $72. pics when you can and a review?
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

its kind of a compromise. The clear bulbs will be yellow at night, not white. I figure most people can see the details of your car more in the daylight so i went with the clear bulbs.

If you want to see how it looks, just look at the pic of my car on the first page. You can pick any set of clear bulbs from autozone or pep boys. I got the clear sylvania ones for like $3
I'd looked at the sylvania ones here...

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...ndBrakeLights/

but the silverstar are blue when off and when I look at their online store they are like $22. there isn't an autozone or pep boys very close but maybe worth a drive. Are these the ones you're talking about?

http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker...967%3D6998%24_

so the clear bulb blinks amber huh? Maybe I'll drive out there this week.

Quick Reply: need bulbs for cleared corners....