Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

tails

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
tails

is there a trick to getting the tails off that im missing (the ones on the body not the ones on the trunk).. i undid the 3 bolts.. but its still not coming out.. am i not pulling right or is there something else holding them in.. i noticed the three white plastic clips on the side.. the bottom two look like they help hold the bumper of rear fender.. the top one feels like it should have something to do with the lights.. but either way i cant figure out how to make it let go..

*edit*
02 sedan
Old 10-29-2004
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
ok i got them out.. if i had my camera i would have done a nice DIY.. but i didnt.. so heres a short sweet one..

the correct way:
1-remove the carpet stuff around the lights
2-disconnect the plugs
3-remove the 3 nuts on the inside of the trunk
4-reach way up under the bumper and remove the screw that is in the bottom
5-remove yer back bumper
6-the lights will now pull right out

or you can do it the way i did it

the not correct way.. but it works just fine:
1-follow steps 1-4
2-release the two clips on each side that hold the bumper
3-remove the two bolts on each side of the latch (they are over near the lights under a lil plastic cover)
4-push down on the bumper and pull at the same time
5-(this will require two people)pull the lights out as much as you can then use a hammer to get the top bolt out all the way (while still pull/pushing the bumper).. then just yank the crap out of it (this will require two people and you may want to wedge a rag between the bumper and the lights to avoide chipping the paint.. damnit) till you hear the two lil plastic pegs snap off and the lights comes out (dont worry the two lil pieces that break off are really tiny and just their so that you have to take the bumper off to avoide breaking them... aka.. no point at all)
6-put yer new lights in
7-push the bumper back into place and bold it back down
8-push the lights into place and bolt them back down
9-hook the lights up
10-put the screw back in the bottom
11-smile

the lil pieces that break off are about the size of pencil lead.. they do NOTHING as far as making sure the lights dont rattle and crap like that.. from what i can tell they are just their to make it hard to remove the lights so that people either wont mess with it.. or will take it to the dealer and pay $209658309468 to have it done... the screw on the bottom is a pain in the *** to get to just cuz the hole you have to stick yer arm in is small.. you dont really need to replace it.. but it holds the lights in a lil better.. and since you paid for them.. you might as well make it hard to steal them..
Old 10-29-2004
The Rizing Sun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
go bak out n take some pics.
Old 10-29-2004
Go Team Venture!

will do tomorrow.. unless its raining or im really hungover..
Old 10-30-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Did you buy altezzas?
Old 10-30-2004
Go Team Venture!

used from slO eS1 ciVic
they look.. well.. the same in my car as in hers..
im gunna paint them black though.. im not a big fan of the cf.. but not today.. my anergies are killing me... which sucks cuz it would have been a perfect day to sit in my basement with a few cans of paint...

hehehe o god..
Old 10-31-2004
Go Team Venture!

heres what it looks like on the inside.. i used a pair of pliars to squeez the clips cuz its just easyer

this is the cover for the main bolt that helps you push the bumper down

this is what the bottom of the stock tails look like.. dont forget to remove the screw under the bottom.. its a long reach but you can do it.. i have faith in you

the lights on the trunk lid just pop right out when you remove the 3 nuts (8mm)..