Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Xenon Headlights, HID, Choice Selection Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benzboy429 is an unknown quantity at this point
Xenon Headlights, HID, Choice Selection Help

Ok here goes... I've recently purchased my 04 honda civic ex coupe, i have the factory fog lights, which i'll leave the bulbs the way they are but i want to change my headlights. I want to spend under 100 bucks all in all. But i've been looking around the site and i see so many people praise one brand and so many people bash it. I'm pretty much a noob in the area of xenon/hid so i dont want to fry my wires or have my housing melt. What i want is the look of bmw's, benz's audi's xenon headlights. Now yes yes i know its close to impossible but i would like to get away as cheap as possible. I hear people say silverstars are good, also mtec, but i dont know which one is good for what i want. I want that bmw benz look, but i also want to be able to see. So which brand should i buy?
Old 10-20-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Moving to lighting, but that look is impossible without an HID kit. It will not melt wires, there are 2 wires you need to plug into the OEM harness. One for each side. Then you plug the bulbs into the ballast. PM Impulse if you want an HID kit. The other "colored" bulbs will give you bad light output in the rain, and in many cases reduced light in normal conditions. If you don't go with HID stay stock.
Old 10-20-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I suggest Mtecs... But, you should also go for the real deal

Anyways, I noticed you live on Long Island... What part? Maybe we can meet up and ill let you test out a pair of mtecs? And you can also get to see what the HID kit I sell looks like.

- Jay
Old 10-20-2004
Registered!!

Benzboy429 is an unknown quantity at this point
that would be cool i live on the north shore, manhasset
Old 10-20-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I live in Woodbury/Syosset, I believe thats like 20 mins or so away from you? Let me know if you want to meet up.

AIM: EUR0MX