Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Those with projector style lights - Pros / Cons? Please assit

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Those with projector style lights - Pros / Cons? Please assit

Those with projector style lights -
What are the Pros and Cons?

I need new head lights and would like to get a set.
The Halo ones look cool but do they last.

Please assist before I decide to buy some.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 02-10-2004
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
i hear that tyc has a bad habbit of puttin bee's/bugz in the housing's or stuck in the seal of the lense.....
Old 02-10-2004

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
OK?

I mean the over performance of the lights.
Do they over heat?
poor application (doesn't it fit or is modification required)?
Cracked lenses
lights not aiming properly on the road.
ETC.
Old 02-10-2004
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
just dont get the ebay noname ones and you should be fine. I bought some last summer, and never put them in because the bulbs didnt fit right, and the lenses wernt clear... they had white streaks in them. so anyway i sent them back.
Old 02-10-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i heard bad things about the halos/matrix lights as far as fit and overall quality.

i used to have TYC and liked them quite a bit. it took me a while to figure out how to aim them, but the light output is still a little less than the stock ones. the light is more focused instead of a flood light like the stock housing. TYCs fit perfectly and looked really good.

only reason i switched back was cause i never really wanted to get them. i messed up my lens when i cleared my stock lights, and TYCs were cheaper than a replacement housing. when i found a used one, i fixed my stock lights and went back to those.

projectors are notorious for getting blown bulbs more often than the stock housings.
Old 02-10-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
You might have some visibility problems. I heard theire not as bright as the stock ones.
Old 02-10-2004
Registered!!

newshus is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the tyc projectors in silver. They are a very close match to the factory. I'm going to switch to the "JDM" black housing now though. The only con is adjusting the beams. Its a pain in the butt.
Old 02-10-2004
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have black housed TYC's. THey're really nice; i think they're brighter than stock; they have a much more focused beam. And they look nice. I broke off the side bracket when I wrecked though, so the right headlight is aimed pretty much across the left of the other one; not good. I'll probably be getting rid of them for blacked-out stock lights

I could sell you my set for cheap; they're really nice. Just not me. You could probably get the bracket fixed for about $20 by a shop.
Old 02-10-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
I love my chrome TYC's they work way better then stock but I have heard diffrent of the ones with black housing it just depends
Old 02-10-2004
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the black housing and I really like them

Pros:
- Look better than stock (this is an opinion thing)
- Good Light output, possibly better than stock
- Fit better than most other projectors

Cons:
- come from factory very badly alligned
- If they're not aimed properly, light output is very poor
- Can look worse than stock (again, opinion)

My reccomendation, go with the TYC's & then save up for a HID kit and install that. That's what I have in mine and it is hella sweet. It lights the road up SUPER nice, and once I finally got them aimed properly, I didn't have anyone complaining about being blinded (except the occasional idiot who just doesn't like the HID's period)

Anyways, I reccomend them, & as long as you get the beams aimed right, they work very well. I might not use the Xenon bulbs though, becase the H1 bulbs have a tendancy to burn out very quickly, especially in the TYC's - I learned this the hard way, after about 4 different sets of bulbs ...
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

samscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

no problems here
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
I have the halo/matrix headlights

pro's
-they look 100x better than stock
-they "blink" change colors at the cut-off points like an audi/maxima/bmw
-had them for close to 2 yrs, no problems with the halo LED's or anything like that, easy install, good fitment.

con's
-not brigther than stock
-fogs up if its not sealed

thats basically it. I herd TYC is just a LITTLE bit more brigther than the halo's, but not that much. I've spent over 6 hrs adjusting my halo's, and it still does not compare to stock. My dad says he cant see **** when he drives my car at night. Only thing really good about it, is its looks. Its hott, thats the ONLY reason y i keep it on.
Old 02-11-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have halos...output sucks...fitment was ok...but my bulb blew in 3 months..so i switched back to my stock ones..
Old 02-11-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i have the halos and they fog sometimes*, but only when the ac is on and its especially humid.. i blew a bulb after about 1 month, but the bulbs that come in them suuuck. i replaced the bulbs with mtecs and sylvanias (which btw suck for the price).

pros
- look way better than stock
- fit juuust fine

cons
- light output sucks
- no idea how to aim the low beam projector
Old 02-11-2004

Well, thanks for the input every one.
I'll just get a new stock light (damged the driver light) instead of a new set of projector lights.
Old 02-11-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to I.C.E. & Electrical...Subforum: Lighting