Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

CATZ HID"s

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18inchpride is an unknown quantity at this point
CATZ HID"s

its a sad day, i live in Canada and im trying to find CATZ HID's to put in my stock housing, i haven't found the kit anywhere, even the Westcoast distributor in Canada, can't get them in because they've been banned, if you guys could help me out in finding them it would help alot, or if you guys know of any other kits that fit well in the stock housing!!!

thanks,
Old 11-24-2003
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
A friend of mine here can get some. I've been considering getting myself some.
Old 11-24-2003
Registered!!

Tiki is an unknown quantity at this point
im gonna get them for christmas
Old 11-24-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
www.xenondepot.com
Old 11-25-2003
Registered!!

STEALTH_CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
pardon my ignorance.. but I dont understand HID's.. It makes your like xenons and alot brighter correct? Cant I just get xenon bulbs? Or do I need a HID for that..
Old 11-25-2003
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
you can either get high intensity discharge aka hids or the blue bulbs from ebay ie. piaa, mtec, etc...

hids have xenon gas in them hence the name xenon bulbs. but to ignite that gas so it becomes a pretty white and bright light it needs a jolt of electricity. thats where the ballast comes in to play. so you cant just buy the hid bulb.

blue bulbs are just regular bulbs with blue coloring on them to make them look like hids... i forget what gas was in em.
Old 11-25-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
wrong forum
Old 11-26-2003
Registered!!

STEALTH_CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
ty
Old 11-26-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
HID kits... HID kits... Sigh....

Well, at leat you know too look for a high quality type of HID such as Catz (:

Ebay is really one of the only places to get aftermarket kits as of now. If i was you i wouldnt bother with aftermarket kits for 2 reasons...
1) Glare/Light output: You will get alot more light output compared to H4 Halogens but, there will be light everywhere, you wont really have a centered point
2) Aftermarket kits are now illegal... SO, If you buy an aftermarket kit, It will be VERY hard for you to get new bulbs WHEN THEY DO burn out.

Out of all the kits, I would suggest Philips over Catz but, Catz is ok aswell...

HIGH QUALITY, BUT MORE OF A BLUISH COLOR
PHILIPS H4 / 9003 stage II HID 6000K Conversion Kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

WHITE/MORE VISIBLITY
CATZ HID 9003 Hi/Low kit Rising White 4300K
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2444233537 (but its endin in 22 hours)

Hope I helped ya out! (:
Old 11-26-2003
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
xenondepot.com rocks!
Old 11-27-2003
Registered!!

Drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
why is that these kits are illegal now?
Old 11-27-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally posted by Drifter
why is that these kits are illegal now?
whole bunch of reasons...

http://www.hidforum.com/forum/showth...=&threadid=613

That should help (:
Old 11-27-2003
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I emailed NHTSA and the main reason for outlawing them isn't "filaments" Its because HID's are held to strict standards during installation at the factory. Because they have the capability of being over 300% brighter than halogens they have to maintained at a certain height and line of light (don't blind oncoming traffic or people in front of you) HID's are under a lot of scrutiny from those opposing them (mostly old people who squint when the TV is on at night because ITS too bright) When you buy an aftermarket kit, regulatory standards are thrown out the window. How can NHTSA regulate YOU? They can't. So.....they made them illegal to sell. Imagine the shi* that would happen if they tried to make them illegal to use?