Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Dropping car with neuspeed sport springs on stock suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Dropping car with neuspeed sport springs on stock suspension

Hi everyone, just need a little advice here. I have an 04 si, or ex in the U.S. I was debating whether to drop the car on neuspeed sports with stock suspension or not. I have read that a lot of people have blown their stock suspension shortly after dropping with cars with just springs. I have also heard this is a common probably with 01's and 02's.

Is the suspension a little better in the 04's or are they the same stuff. I don't want to buy new struts and shocks cause I lowered my car. Will my stock suspension be ok with 1.75 in the front, and 1.50 drop in the rear???

I only plan to drop the car 1.75 max all around.

My initial idea was to get tein ss, but that'll have to wait till next year. So I guess my initial question is will stock suspension last for a year with that drop?? or should I just wait to get the tein ss??

What are your recommendations?? btw, I don't want to buy seperate struts and springs.
Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I have an 02 EX, and I drove around for a year on stock struts with Eibach Sportlines without any problems. There's no way to tell when they'll blow, all your doing is increasing the chances of it happening sooner when you install after market lowering springs. I say go for it, and be sure to start saving up money for replacements in the mean time. Dont forget that its going to be a harsher ride and a bit more bouncy now. Firmer struts will help that out some.
Old 03-12-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
The 04 suspension is the same, not better. There are so many factors that play into shocks blowing. You can blow a shock by hitting a pot hole with stock springs. We can't tell you how long they will hold up. Please read the FAQ. I would suggest waiting until you have the money to buy the entire Tein set up. Why waste your money on springs? You will also need a camber kit. AGain, please read the suspension FAQ.
Old 03-12-2005
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
for the most part you should be fine.. I honestly would have kept my neuspeed sports if it was only low enough(this is coming from someone who's had 5 different suspension setups)
Old 03-12-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll just wait for the tein ss. I might be able to get them with a camber kit near the end of summer, if I save up enough money.

Why does everyone say "read the FAQ". I've read the suspension FAQ many times. I just wanted to hear some opinions. If I didn't read the suspension FAQ I would not have known that neuspeed sports drop the car 1.75 front, and 1.50 rear.
Old 03-13-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by phuviano
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll just wait for the tein ss. I might be able to get them with a camber kit near the end of summer, if I save up enough money.

Why does everyone say "read the FAQ". I've read the suspension FAQ many times. I just wanted to hear some opinions. If I didn't read the suspension FAQ I would not have known that neuspeed sports drop the car 1.75 front, and 1.50 rear.
I didn't want to sound like an ***, but so many people come on here asking for opinions about how long their stock shocks will last. But when you think about it, we really can't tell you that. It isn't an opinion and how long your stockers last will depend on so many factors. In the end you take your chances riding on stock shocks with lowering springs. I mean we could tell you they would last a year and that might make you feel better, but if they only last a week then what?
Old 03-13-2005
Registered!!

dinglenuts is an unknown quantity at this point
i've been lowered 2" on stock struts for 10 months, they've not blown but the ride is getting worse. Just avoid huge bumps, go slow in parking lots etc, it'll last a year if your lucky. you should plan on getting some decent struts though. I'm doing it this week.

Last edited by dinglenuts; 03-13-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
IMO save ur $ get the coils, and camber kits.. I enjoy my setup, but I still wish I had coils, and if I had $ for em, i'd get em. besides thats a lot of work doin it twice when u only have to do it once.. plus 2 alignments.