Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

P0302 code

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jayhay5 is an unknown quantity at this point
P0302 code

Hi guys. I hope someone can help. I got this code and replaced the spark plugs and ignition coils ( I went ahead and replaced all four ). Then I measured the resistance across all four fuel injectors and #2 is definitely bad. I can't figure out how to remove the fuel rail - I disconnected all wires leading to injectors and removed two nuts that I can find that hold it in place but it still won't come out to allow me access to the injectors. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: P0302 code

O rings are holding them in the manifold.

All 4 injectors should stay attached to the rail until the whole assembly is out. Then remove the bad one from the rail.

I'd grab a spray can of carb and throttle cleaner and shoot it at the bottoms of the injectors, first to wash away any dirt or trash around the holes, and then work them (pry gently on the rail) up and down little by little until the rubber O rings will release and let the injectors come up out of their holes.

Respray as needed to keep the 4 injectors wet and lubed at the bottom where the O rings are stuck.

Spray more during assembly into the manifold.

I'd only use this spray because it's flammable and won't harm sensors or the engine when it gets in the holes.

HTH
Old 01-31-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jayhay5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: P0302 code

That was it!!! Thanks so much...I really appreciate it. I'm a jet electrician but don't know anything about cars & I'm trying to learn with this little Civic. Now I'm gonna put the new injector in & hope that solves the issue. Thank you so much again.