Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

"Help me!!" body work needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick Paden is an unknown quantity at this point
"Help me!!" body work needed

So I got a civic to work on as a project car and I let my buddy drive it (mistake) and he was drifting and hit a street light and put a nasty dent in my drivers side rear quarter panel. Anyone have any good ways to get it out? I like to do stuff myself especially when it comes to my car so anyone who wants to say "take it to a shop" don't waste your time. I won't reply. I'm looking for home methods. I'm thinking about drilling a hole and popping it out but I'm scared that will ruin my paint. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. By the way its a 2001 civic ex with a d17a1 engine

Last edited by sdaidoji; 11-23-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: OP used the typical Heeeeeeeelp meeeee! . non descriptive subject - edited for clarity
Old 11-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help me!!

Moved.

He was drifting? In a Civic?

Anyway, look on YouTube there are videos that show you how to get dents out. Drilling and pulling will work and yes it will mess up your paint so you will have to then fix that (again YouTube).
Old 11-23-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Help me!!

99% think they are "drifiting" while they are simply understeering.

No idea why body work question have to be in the Off-topic/Advice section either, so moved outta there to mechanical problem/fix it section...

changed subject to a more descriptive name too, will make things easier to other members...
Old 11-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Help me!!" body work needed

Originally Posted by Nick Paden
I let my buddy drive it (mistake) and he was drifting

hit a street light
nasty dent
Beat your 'buddy' to a pulp then go after his insurance company?

I'm thinking about drilling a hole and popping it out but I'm scared that will ruin my paint.
Youtube for sure, but....

If a dent has a crease then the paint is already ruined, you aren't going to pop it out without the paint cracking, coming loose or off, so you may as well jump right in with both feet and get to work.

Get your size 10 Wolverine behind the dent and kick it out
Toilet plunger/controllable suction cup

drill/screw/slide hammer,
spot welder and nail puller,
Hot glue type with puller
hammer and dolly.
Whatever methods you want to try.
Make it smooth then paint it.

Junkyard, u-pull a fender and replace it?
Old 11-23-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: "Help me!!" body work needed

just remove the rear plastic cover (interior) and use your hands to push it out. You may have to remove the folding rear seats, I can't remember, but it's easy.