Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problem with 03 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
purenathan is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with 03 Civic EX

I have a 2003 Civic EX 5 spd MT, I had it to a shop to find out what this issue was however I was informed that "I would have to wait until the issue got worse so they could know what it was"...apparently nothing came up when they scanned the chip or whatever

Firstly my check engine light isn't on or anything and this issue happens occasionally however its a problem whenever it does...to me at least. Basically within the first two minutes or so of starting the car, the car would begin to "shake" and "jerk" a bit it's barely less noticeable when you aren't going anywhere you can only really tell from the sound but when for example taking off from first or reverse you feel it much more and the engine begins to lose power, the rpms drop and so does my speed making me that one guy with his hazard lights on, possibly on the highway. I've never really just laid down on the accelerator however from what I've experienced giving it more gas doesn't help at all and I've only ever seen the rpms jump up then immediately fall back down with more jerking and shaking fun. Turning off the car and restarting it seems to work and like I said probably 2/10 I start the car I experience it, maybe even less however I'd rather my car run with no issues whatsoever. I haven't owned the car for too long and to my knowledge everything is stock.
Old 11-17-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Problem with 03 Civic EX

any maintenance done? air filters? etc?