Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP! Power issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atticus9652 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP! Power issues!

I have a 2003 Si Coupe with just under 130,000KMS. A few weeks ago i was leaving my driveway and while in first gear, the car just powered down to about 500RPM. Pressing on the gas did nothing, then it just powered back up as if nothing had happened.

It continues to do it at random. It had gone away for a few days, but just happened again, up until a few days ago it just powered down like i explained, now it will actually stall on me. I brought it to a shop (not one i trust too much but doesn't charge much) and they said the car wouldn't do it for them, it ran perfectly. I thought it was my spark plugs, but they're new, i put in an octane booster thinking that maybe there's some carbon build up in my fuel line, but that didn't seem to do it either. The only thing i can say with confidence is that it only happens when i'm just getting going. Once i get up to about 50kms/h its fine for the rest of the drive.

For the love of god help!!
Old 03-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: HELP! Power issues!

Scan for codes. Even if the light isn't on it can throw a code. Might be a clogged fuel filter but, scan for codes first.

Last edited by lazlong; 03-07-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

leosar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atticus9652
I have a 2003 Si Coupe with just under 130,000KMS. A few weeks ago i was leaving my driveway and while in first gear, the car just powered down to about 500RPM. Pressing on the gas did nothing, then it just powered back up as if nothing had happened.

It continues to do it at random. It had gone away for a few days, but just happened again, up until a few days ago it just powered down like i explained, now it will actually stall on me. I brought it to a shop (not one i trust too much but doesn't charge much) and they said the car wouldn't do it for them, it ran perfectly. I thought it was my spark plugs, but they're new, i put in an octane booster thinking that maybe there's some carbon build up in my fuel line, but that didn't seem to do it either. The only thing i can say with confidence is that it only happens when i'm just getting going. Once i get up to about 50kms/h its fine for the rest of the drive.

For the love of god help!!
once i got allmost same thing,only when the engine is still cold ,and later the timing belt is gone
so,go to a professionnal garage to be sure.
Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

PacosTacos88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the exact same problem. Only when my engine is cold though and just starting out.
Old 03-21-2011
Registered!!

atticus9652 is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE: I've taken it to Honda twice now. The first time, they found nuts and bolts in my air intake tube, not from any car, and they believe that they had been there for at least 3 to 4 years (i've owned the car for 2). The second time they changed the timing belt and water pump........the car still does it. Any other ideas?
Old 03-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Scan for codes. Autozone does it for free. If that doesn't show anything check fuel pressure. I don't know how clearer I can be.