Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car can't go up to over 30mph this morning with reving to 5krpms?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007
..w0rrrrrrd..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Car can't go up to over 30mph this morning with reving to 5krpms?!

So i was in a rush to get to class this morning... it was about 20 degrees outside... and i didn't let it heat up before driving off... so i started driving it in "D" and it starts reving up to 5k only going 20mph... do you think the car is broken?? or something?? what could be wrong?? i've been doing this "don'tstartthecardrive to class" thing for 2 days now and regret it.. but this only happened today... i'm letting the car warmup as of right now... and once it heats up to drive it to see if its just the cold weather... oh i drive an 01 sedan lx btw... what do u think could be the problem? oh and theres no "check engine" light either
Old 02-06-2007
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
ok now the car car won't even reverse or drive!!!! WTF!!!!

just when i was about to fix it and sell it too!! GOD****ENDAMMIT!!!
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like your auto transmission is dead.
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice
fried...kinda like bacon, but not so tasty...welcome to the 7th gen my auto eats itself club...
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

gelshmoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DDragon7
Sounds like your auto transmission is dead.
^what he said. if you put it in N and the engine sounds normal, it's probably your transmission.
Old 02-06-2007
..w0rrrrrrd..

goddamit...i thought honda's were bulletproof.. guess i was wrong

it sucks man.. because i had this car forever... only have 71k miles on it..

now i don't know what i'm gonna do... i only have around 1k in the bank cuz i'm a broke college student.. was planning on fixing the dents on it and reselling and getting something else... now i don't even know if i wanna put a down payment on a new car because i don't wanna be broke during school... sighs*... this sucks major ***... ****en ****...does warranty cover blown transmissions?

I've always had problems with this car
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice
There is a known issue with the 01-03 transmissions but Honda won't recall them...you might be able to take advantage of that if its that problem. Not sure what it is but pretty sure you can find out at hondatech or whatever that website is. I know someone will link it eventually.
Old 02-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by ThaitaniumGK
goddamit...i thought honda's were bulletproof.. guess i was wrong

it sucks man.. because i had this car forever... only have 71k miles on it..

now i don't know what i'm gonna do... i only have around 1k in the bank cuz i'm a broke college student.. was planning on fixing the dents on it and reselling and getting something else... now i don't even know if i wanna put a down payment on a new car because i don't wanna be broke during school... sighs*... this sucks major ***... ****en ****...does warranty cover blown transmissions?

I've always had problems with this car
Depends, do you have a warranty that covers past 71,000 miles or 'forever' as you call it?
Old 02-06-2007
..w0rrrrrrd..

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
Depends, do you have a warranty that covers past 71,000 miles or 'forever' as you call it?
damn i'm not even sure... it might be only 50k warranty... would they repair it for free if it was 100k warranty? my car has 71k

Last edited by ThaitaniumGK; 02-06-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2007
..w0rrrrrrd..

Originally Posted by PitchBlack
There is a known issue with the 01-03 transmissions but Honda won't recall them...you might be able to take advantage of that if its that problem. Not sure what it is but pretty sure you can find out at hondatech or whatever that website is. I know someone will link it eventually.
damn does anybody have the link?
Old 02-07-2007
Registered!!

just search for threads about people having shitty transmissions...there are a ton of them...good luck though!
Old 02-09-2007
..w0rrrrrrd..

ok i didn't bother taking the car to a dealership... it seems that the tranmission wasn't messed up... my mom called a guy while i was away at work and had him come check it out and fix it... all i know is i owe my mom 100 something dollars for the random repair lol... but since my mom doesn't speak good english she didn't know what the problem could've been on the car lol... all i know is that it works fine now... could put the car into drive and could reverse just fine... anybody know what the problem could've been? my mom said something about the guy going under the car to check the problem... something could've got stuck?? idk
Old 02-10-2007

starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
my car did just that a while back, had to replace the tranny and it still tweeks out from time to time.. my next car is definitely going to be a truck... ffs.