Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   Car can't go up to over 30mph this morning with reving to 5krpms?! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/290008-car-cant-go-up-over-30mph-morning-reving-5krpms.html)

ThaitaniumGK 02-06-2007 12:09 PM

Car can't go up to over 30mph this morning with reving to 5krpms?!

So i was in a rush to get to class this morning... it was about 20 degrees outside... and i didn't let it heat up before driving off... so i started driving it in "D" and it starts reving up to 5k only going 20mph... do you think the car is broken?? or something?? what could be wrong?? i've been doing this "don'tstartthecardrive to class" thing for 2 days now and regret it.. but this only happened today... i'm letting the car warmup as of right now... and once it heats up to drive it to see if its just the cold weather... oh i drive an 01 sedan lx btw... what do u think could be the problem? oh and theres no "check engine" light either

ThaitaniumGK 02-06-2007 12:23 PM

ok now the car car won't even reverse or drive!!!! WTF!!!!

just when i was about to fix it and sell it too!! GOD****ENDAMMIT!!!

DDragon7 02-06-2007 12:36 PM

Sounds like your auto transmission is dead.

PitchBlack 02-06-2007 12:41 PM

fried...kinda like bacon, but not so tasty...welcome to the 7th gen my auto eats itself club...

gelshmoff 02-06-2007 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by DDragon7 (Post 4141076)
Sounds like your auto transmission is dead.

^what he said. if you put it in N and the engine sounds normal, it's probably your transmission.

ThaitaniumGK 02-06-2007 12:48 PM

goddamit...i thought honda's were bulletproof.. guess i was wrong

it sucks man.. because i had this car forever... only have 71k miles on it..

now i don't know what i'm gonna do... i only have around 1k in the bank cuz i'm a broke college student.. was planning on fixing the dents on it and reselling and getting something else... now i don't even know if i wanna put a down payment on a new car because i don't wanna be broke during school... sighs*... this sucks major ass... ****en shit...does warranty cover blown transmissions?

I've always had problems with this car :(

PitchBlack 02-06-2007 03:56 PM

There is a known issue with the 01-03 transmissions but Honda won't recall them...you might be able to take advantage of that if its that problem. Not sure what it is but pretty sure you can find out at hondatech or whatever that website is. I know someone will link it eventually.

XSRCivic 02-06-2007 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ThaitaniumGK (Post 4141082)
goddamit...i thought honda's were bulletproof.. guess i was wrong

it sucks man.. because i had this car forever... only have 71k miles on it..

now i don't know what i'm gonna do... i only have around 1k in the bank cuz i'm a broke college student.. was planning on fixing the dents on it and reselling and getting something else... now i don't even know if i wanna put a down payment on a new car because i don't wanna be broke during school... sighs*... this sucks major ass... ****en shit...does warranty cover blown transmissions?

I've always had problems with this car :(

Depends, do you have a warranty that covers past 71,000 miles or 'forever' as you call it?

ThaitaniumGK 02-06-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by XSRCivic (Post 4141186)
Depends, do you have a warranty that covers past 71,000 miles or 'forever' as you call it?

damn i'm not even sure... it might be only 50k warranty... would they repair it for free if it was 100k warranty? my car has 71k

ThaitaniumGK 02-06-2007 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by PitchBlack (Post 4141155)
There is a known issue with the 01-03 transmissions but Honda won't recall them...you might be able to take advantage of that if its that problem. Not sure what it is but pretty sure you can find out at hondatech or whatever that website is. I know someone will link it eventually.

damn does anybody have the link?

PitchBlack 02-07-2007 04:16 AM

just search for threads about people having shitty transmissions...there are a ton of them...good luck though!

ThaitaniumGK 02-09-2007 11:20 PM

ok i didn't bother taking the car to a dealership... it seems that the tranmission wasn't messed up... my mom called a guy while i was away at work and had him come check it out and fix it... all i know is i owe my mom 100 something dollars for the random repair lol... but since my mom doesn't speak good english she didn't know what the problem could've been on the car lol... all i know is that it works fine now... could put the car into drive and could reverse just fine... anybody know what the problem could've been? my mom said something about the guy going under the car to check the problem... something could've got stuck?? idk

starstryke 02-10-2007 12:28 AM

my car did just that a while back, had to replace the tranny and it still tweeks out from time to time.. my next car is definitely going to be a truck... ffs.