Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I FINALY GOT MY CAR BACK

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russps is an unknown quantity at this point
It went into the shop on 10/16, I just got it back about 1 1/2 hours ago. Here is what they had to do (the funky rattle when I turned, which turned out to be the trans). This is exactly whats on my recipt.

Roadtest. Reverse Gear is walking down idler shaft too far. Reverse gear is hitting 2nd gear on right turns. Tech spoke to XXXXX at Tech line. Ref #XXXXXX and repaired per techlines recommendations. R&R Transmission and replace 5th reverse shift piece and reverse shift fork and other related parts per service bulletin 01-081.

The funny part is the noise I complained about happened more when I turned left. Oh well, it works great now, so I can't complain. Since it had been in so long, they didn't just wash it for me. They gave it a showroom shine, and it looks great.

I also noticed the problem with it wanting to pop out of 2nd gear is not happening anymore, maybe there is a common link here (or maybe it just hasn't happened yet).

Old 11-07-2001
Registered!!

silverhx is an unknown quantity at this point
hope its fixed now, keep us posted, is it a problem that happens often? what did the dealer say?
Old 11-08-2001
Registered!!

Russps is an unknown quantity at this point
<a target=_blank href="http://www.2k1civic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&amp;threadid=13783&amp;re questtimeout=500">CLICK HERE </a>to see my original post about the problem.