HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

fog light opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic.0CTC is an unknown quantity at this point
fog light opinion

I have a black 01 honda civic that i am restoring, so far everything is great. i purchased amber/yellow fog lights for it. was wanting some feed back if it would look good, keep in mind that the car is black and has chrome 17' low profile rims.
Anyones opinion would help, Thanks.
Old 01-08-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: fog light opinion

Yes the amber lights with the black car would look nice together. Not a fan of chrome wheels though.
Old 04-06-2014
Registered!!

_Christopherrr_ is an unknown quantity at this point

don't know if you already installed, probably did, but i personally hate seeing yellow/amber fogs with "white" headlights. Especially if youre going to be putting in hids for the headlights. I think clear/white fogs look better
Old 09-04-2014
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

Black vehicles normally come with clear fog lights. I think the yellow fog lights idea comes from the JDM scene, which I dont think looks good. I learned that by having yellow fogs driving around seeing all black cars with fogs had clear fog light installed from the factory. When I got my second EM2 I got clear fogs, and it blends much better with the appeal of the front of the car. I can personally say that clear fog lights look MUCH better than amber fog lights on a black EM2! Especially if you do an HID retrofit.

Clear fog lights FTW!
Old 09-05-2014
Registered!!

Alex91191 is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds weird. Amber/yellow fog lights on Black car, I don’t think it looks good. Can you upload some images? From that we can give you better reviews.
Old 09-05-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Personally, I want to go for clear lenses with yellow lights (hopefully a 3000K retrofit!).
Old 01-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Poopies
Personally, I want to go for clear lenses with yellow lights (hopefully a 3000K retrofit!).
Depends where you live if fog is a regular issue yellow is better for seeing in the fog, sure it doesn't look as cool. Clear fog lights are like putting the high beams on in fog, try it you won't be able to see much. Clear lights are really additional driving lights. For most parts of the country fog isn't much of an issues as a % of the time you drive. Maybe there are driving / fog lights lens that can be changed out from fog to driving lights.
Old 01-25-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The location and pattern of the fog light determines if it will be helpful in fog, not the color.

Yellow doesn't penetrate fog any better then white.