I.C.E. & ElectricalPost all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)
Welcome to civicforums.com!
Welcome to civicforums.com.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join civicforums.com today!
I went to a concert last night and like an ******* I left my lights on. Someone was awesome enough to give me a jump, but, flustered about possibly being stranded a 120 miles from home with a dead cell phone, I didn't double check my connections when I hooked up the jumper cables.
1. When I tried to start my car (with the crossed hookup), it didn't, and then I noticed smoke coming off the booster battery; I quickly disconnected everything, though the cables were hot as a ****...
2. Re-did the hookup (correctly) jumped the car, it started with no problem.
3. A few minutes later; I notice the acceleration is sluggish and the brakes are soft, the brakes really jumped out at me because I just had everything brake-related replaced.
4. My gas gauge fluctuates sporadically, one minute it tells me I have about half a tank, and the next it looks nearly empty.
5. Cornering is for lack of a better word 'wobbly', there is also a sort of wiggle when going down the highway.
I made it home after a very stressful drive, but I wonder what might have happened, was it the ****ed-up jump? Or was my car tampered with while I was at the concert?