You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Picture Battles showcases the best pictures our community has to offer. Users like you vote on their favorite pictures, and uploaders earn the chance to break into the Leaderboard for instant and 100% satisfaction-guaranteed fame.
Upload your very best ride pictures today to show the community what your Picture is made of.
I went to a concert last night and like an ******* I left my lights on. Someone was awesome enough to give me a jump, but, flustered about possibly being stranded a 120 miles from home with a dead cell phone, I didn't double check my connections when I hooked up the jumper cables.
1. When I tried to start my car (with the crossed hookup), it didn't, and then I noticed smoke coming off the booster battery; I quickly disconnected everything, though the cables were hot as a ****...
2. Re-did the hookup (correctly) jumped the car, it started with no problem.
3. A few minutes later; I notice the acceleration is sluggish and the brakes are soft, the brakes really jumped out at me because I just had everything brake-related replaced.
4. My gas gauge fluctuates sporadically, one minute it tells me I have about half a tank, and the next it looks nearly empty.
5. Cornering is for lack of a better word 'wobbly', there is also a sort of wiggle when going down the highway.
I made it home after a very stressful drive, but I wonder what might have happened, was it the ****ed-up jump? Or was my car tampered with while I was at the concert?