I went to a concert last night and like an ******* I left my lights on. Someone was awesome enough to give me a jump, but, flustered about possibly being stranded a 120 miles from home with a dead cell phone, I didn't double check my connections when I hooked up the jumper cables.
1. When I tried to start my car (with the crossed hookup), it didn't, and then I noticed smoke coming off the booster battery; I quickly disconnected everything, though the cables were hot as a ****...
2. Re-did the hookup (correctly) jumped the car, it started with no problem.
3. A few minutes later; I notice the acceleration is sluggish and the brakes are soft, the brakes really jumped out at me because I just had everything brake-related replaced.
4. My gas gauge fluctuates sporadically, one minute it tells me I have about half a tank, and the next it looks nearly empty.
5. Cornering is for lack of a better word 'wobbly', there is also a sort of wiggle when going down the highway.
I made it home after a very stressful drive, but I wonder what might have happened, was it the ****ed-up jump? Or was my car tampered with while I was at the concert?