Notices
Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Wheel size difference? help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snackpack420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Wheel size difference? help?

Hello. I'm new to this fourm. I have a 93 honda civic lx. I've been here be4 when I searched google and i've came here a couple times on the fourms with one of my issues getting resolved. so now I got a issue i cant seem to get google to find lol. I am wanting new tires and rims... I found a pair of 97 honda HX rims that are 14's.. P185/65R14I believe and if im not right with the size please correct me. and this is what mine would be i believe. P175/70R13. Aint much difference I know. but i've tryed to put a rim on my civic that was 4 bolt and it started grinding on my caliper. it was a 13. and i replaced with 13. so its not the size. But I dont want to buy these HX Rims and have them grind my car and not work. I have one other question too. My tires wear out on inside.. fixing my control arm bushings tommrrow just gonna replace whole control arm. but I heard that it might not be alignment it probally need struts too..? is this true? I bounced the front of my car and it didnt really bounce much.. and when i drive down road it seems pretty smooth becides the fact my town has horrible roads. Thank you for trying to assist me.
Old 06-30-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

turbo_coupe_EJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wheel size difference? help?

i have the same problem with my civic about the tires wearing out on the inside but your struts are probably good but ur coil springs could be bad and the upper control arm would also be a reason for the tires wearing just replace upper control arm and then give an update
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

EG_Jerk is an unknown quantity at this point

It's probably camber wear. Depends how low you ride. Probably have to adjust your camber or your control arms.
Old 08-30-2011
Registered!!

williamcorg is an unknown quantity at this point

grinding calipers - your 13" off set wrong... 14Hx would be find to work on your civic

tire ware - if your car lower'd??? if so check your adjustment if you don't have a camber kit you can go to homedepo and do a cheap alignment for the rear and adjust the front at a shop... "rear - would need some washers and long bolt"