Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic vs Accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sakurako is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic vs Accord

Hello there, I will start my working life soon. Thinking of getting a car.

In my mind now is Honda civic <year 96 and Honda accord <year 96. Will try to modify my very 1st car. do anyone can suggest me what is the different between accord and a civic? which 1 having more potential to modify in term of power/ speed? Is the engine H22A the best option I can have?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Civic vs Accord

H22's are pretty sick, but B16's B18's and B20's make the real crazy throw you back in your seat power- well, at least after you mod them. Most of the older cars can have a B series dropped in them, but research the more serious you get. But there are also a lot of parts for H series motors, just that B's are more popular so the parts are easier to come accross.

Between an accord and a civic... well, accords are usually heavier and have more features. They are more "luxury" than a civic. Example, accords had power windows before civics, also other features like abs, ac, etc. Civics are cheaper in price, and just all around simpler cars.

Now days you can really tell the difference between a 08 civic and an 08 accord- but differences between older years, now, are probably not as obcious.
Old 11-16-2008
Registered!!

Sakurako is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRIZ
H22's are pretty sick, but B16's B18's and B20's make the real crazy throw you back in your seat power- well, at least after you mod them. Most of the older cars can have a B series dropped in them, but research the more serious you get. But there are also a lot of parts for H series motors, just that B's are more popular so the parts are easier to come accross.

Between an accord and a civic... well, accords are usually heavier and have more features. They are more "luxury" than a civic. Example, accords had power windows before civics, also other features like abs, ac, etc. Civics are cheaper in price, and just all around simpler cars.

Now days you can really tell the difference between a 08 civic and an 08 accord- but differences between older years, now, are probably not as obcious.
thanks for the reply... how about honda civic older than year 96? example the fifth generation (1991-1995), do it suitable for modify purpose?
Old 11-17-2008
Registered!!

motofabio will become famous soon enough

I had a 4-Door 1996 Accord LX. Loved it. Heavier than the civic, yes... but you can't beat the comfort it has. The interior design was perfect. For mods all I did was Neuspeed springs to drop it 1½" (if I remember correctly) and a new set of wider 16" wheels w/ Kumho Ecsta tires. It drove like a dream - best car I ever owned and one of my the biggest mistakes was to trade it in. Today it would be 12 years old and I'm sure I'd still love it. Beautiful thing about Hondas is the exterior design is always so far ahead of it's time that they look great years down the road. Can't say that for a lot of cars.

Last edited by motofabio; 11-17-2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Adding Photo
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

ampong has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks for the nice info. I have wondering that things also what are the difference between Civic and Accord. Now I know. Nice info.