I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Defroster wire detached from window.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sionolann3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Defroster wire detached from window.

Tried soldering the piece that connects to the window heat element with no luck. Has anyone been able to do it with normal solder? I was thinking about getting a silver epoxy kit or something.
I have a 1996 LX. Defrost would be nice with winter and all.

​​​​
Old 02-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Defroster wire detached from window.

Ask at your local parts stores....Someone makes a small kit designed to reattach the tab to the glass but i personally have not used it.

Found a video with a silver epoxy product in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFNQlkIJ6w

Back in the 80s-90s, Mazda offered a repair terminal for this problem on.....RX7 hatchback glass among others, the terminal came pre-loaded with solder and I believe the solder used was some that would melt at a super low temperature. Not sure if that is still available these days.
Old 02-03-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Use caution on that tempered glass and heat.

Ezone... You need a Wankel with all that redline driving you do daily.
Old 02-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CraigW
Use caution on that tempered glass and heat.
agreed,

especially if its cold outside....
Old 02-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sionolann3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll make sure to wait til it's below zero and then I'll use a soldering iron and a hammer to get rid of the old solder before I sand it.

Thanks guys.