I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Cigarette Lighter a/c power not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carrieberry71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cigarette Lighter a/c power not working

I have a 2000 honda civic lx and all of a sudden the cigarette lighter won't work. I checked the fuse and that is fine. Any suggestions? I need to use my portable dvd player for the kids for a long road trip ahead! HELP!!
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Cigarette Lighter a/c power not working

Sounds like you need a new cig lighter. Call honda, see what the price is, then call the salvage yard and see how much cheaper it is there. A good salvage yard is: http://www.picknpull.com/ They have an online inventory. Also try: http://www.car-part.com/ Look for 1996-2000. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Check to see if the wire behind it came loose, sometimes that happens. Probably going to have to pull apart your dash, but either way you have to.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

ztanner25 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm having the same problem after a few weeks of running my sub with the remote turn on lead wire connected to the positive wire of the cigarette lighter. i disconnected the remote turn on lead wire and now i'm just focusing on fixing the cigarette lighter problem so that my amp will work again too. which fuse is for the cigarette lighter so that i can figure out if that's the issue?
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

ztanner25 is an unknown quantity at this point

nvm, i found the fuse, and it was burnt out so i'm on my way to get a new one and fix it