I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Headlight issue. No low beams, high beams work

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newmanb is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight issue. No low beams, high beams work

Hello everyone! I've been have a terrible time trying to fix my headlights. Hopefully someone in here can give me some guidance. As the title says, my low beams quit working after some time of the headlights not always clicking on right away. (Sometimes when i'd turn them on, nothing would happen but after flipping them off and then on again, they would operate normally). One night, they just wouldn't turn on at all.

I went straight to the auto parts store to pickup a new steering column switch given the intermittent issues. I installed it and, nothing. I still have high beams clicking on and off but no low beams.

I then replaced all fuses for the headlights including the running lights (on canadian models but there is still a fuse) and still no issue. (I should note that no fuse was blown but i replaced them anyway.) Still, nothing.

I ordered a replacement set of headlights and again, no change.

I then focused on the headlight relay and swapped that out with a new one. Still, nothing. I'm out of ideas on what to try with this thing.

All dash lights work, high beams work, but I can't get low beams to click on no matter what. (I should note there was one day several weeks ago midday I turned on the low beams and they worked just fine, but when I went to use them that night, they wouldn't turn back on.)

What do I have left to try?
Old 09-17-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlight issue. No low beams, high beams work

See your dealership about the recall for low beams not working?