I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How Do You Activate AUX MODE on a Kenwood HU??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007
I'm bigger than you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to all
How Do You Activate AUX MODE on a Kenwood HU??????

Okay the manual for my girlfriend's Kenwood HU (KDC MP7028) sucks. The HU has an RCA for Aux In on the back of it and I want to attach my Sirius receiver to it (or my iPod, doesn't matter, just an AUX device).

I've attached it, tried to attach it to every female RCA jack on the HU.....I can get sound when I attach it via the AUX in RCAs, however I only get sound in the rear deck (she has an '02 EX sedan) and only when it is in tuner or cd mode. That isn't right.

I've read on the web and on Crutchfield it says that you have to active AUX Mode in order to use the AUX input. It doesn't say how.

In the manual, it says to activate AUX Mode when the HU is in standby mode........BUT IT DOESN'T TELL YOU HOW TO ACTIVATE IT.

From their site:

Auxiliary Input: The KDC-MP7028 is equipped with a built-in auxiliary input. There is a set of stereo RCA jacks on a 12-inch pigtail on the back of the receiver for connecting an external audio source. The Auxiliary input can be activated/deactivated through the menu. When it's activated, you can select one of six names for the source: Aux, TV, Video, Game, Portable or DVD. When deactivated, Auxiliary does not appear as a source
Does anyone here know how to activate AUX Mode on a Kenwood HU? I'm going friggin insane here.

Last edited by DannyK35; 02-12-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
When the car is on, and the HU is off (standby), hold the little menu button - like you were setting your clock or changing the color on the display. That will give the option to activate the AUX input. If its not the menu button, then its the other one that you use to adjust your audio properties (fade, balance, bass, etc.) Either way its one of those two buttons. Here they are circled in yellow. Just make the car is on (or at least to accessory) and the player is off. Hope that helps.

Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
The menu button is the one you want. Make sure you're in Standby (use Source button). Then once you're in menu the large dial on the right does your up, down to get through it and get to aux mode. You may have to push and hold that button in to turn it on once it comes up aux mode or just press it to the right.

FYI, the button in the lower left corner would release the face.
Old 02-12-2007

Originally Posted by christmaspie

FYI, the button in the lower left corner would release the face.
Doesn't look like it to me (and it is ALL about me ). The LL one says "Aud Set up" The top right one looks like it should release it. My Kenwood MP5028 release button has the same symbol that this one has on the top right.

Last edited by speedfoos; 02-12-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
with mine, it's a bit older, you have to turn the HU off (standby) and select the pre-amp output and change it to sub or w/e, it defaults to REAR...as far as aux mode, you just have to use the source button and scroll through to select it, but, mine would recognize AUX mode with out the special adapter plugged into the back of the HU. (it has a proprietary cd changer control/input/output plug on the back of the HU)
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by speedfoos
The LL one says "Aud Set up"

That audio control actually is meant for the volume button. If you push it in once you can cycle through bass, treble, bal, fade, sub. If you push and hold it does some more advanced stuff.

I swear your English electronics must be completely different.
Old 02-12-2007

Originally Posted by christmaspie
That audio control actually is meant for the volume button. If you push it in once you can cycle through bass, treble, bal, fade, sub. If you push and hold it does some more advanced stuff.

I swear your English electronics must be completely different.
You're killin me Smalls! I defer to the BBY expert on this one then.

When in doubt, trust the guy who specializes in sellin this stuff. I hate it when I'm not right!
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

S'more of what???

No, I just have a damn similar deck and have installed way too many of them. I don't specialize at all in selling them, just putting them in.
Old 02-12-2007
I'm bigger than you.

DannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to all
Yes, the small button releases the face plate.

I'll try it again tonight, whenever I've hit the menu button in the past in standby mode, all that happens is it opens up a menu to change the LCD appearance. I've tried many times to get this going and I've yet to see a source mode of AUX.

I'll try again tonight with what has been said thus far.
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

Hmm, try pressing and holding the menu button for a couple of seconds.
Old 02-13-2007
I'm bigger than you.

Success! Thanks guys.