I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

My hu and infinity kappa speaker are here, Really Need help about DIY install them...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tgctruly is an unknown quantity at this point
Question My hu and infinity kappa speaker are here, Really Need help about DIY install them...

Ok, first of all I need help about wiring, is it speaker to crossover and rear 6x9 speaker wire-> Amplifier-> Front deck? second, there are ground for hu and amp right? do I just hook up the 2 "ring connector" on the metal part of the car body? Third, how can I change the wire of twitter and woofer of comp speakers? Do I just replace them with 16 gauge speaker wire and unhook the factory wire? How do I run them from where to the crossover? I believe this is the hardest part, if there is a picture showing them I will be pretty much pleased. Last, my amp wires are cut by the theives, he left me wires with RCA for trunk, but he cut the RCA(no rca left) for the front deck, I wanna know if I can just hook new RCA for the front without bying the amp kit and wires again.
Ok, guys I need help on this, I need your help to accomplish my first comp/hu diy installation project really appreciated!!
Old 08-25-2004
Registered!!

VP Stylee is an unknown quantity at this point
what size kappa did u get? Amp? im installing my kappa perfect 12 on sunday with an MTX 400W class D on sunday. i guess you remembered to get a box, i hope someone told you that infinity's wont sound that good unless its sealed box (not sure exactly why tho) ill take pics of my install on sunday for ya
Old 08-25-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
wtf.....dont write everything in 1 paragraph....cant see where 1 question begins and where it starts.

separate them. i cant see anythingggg

i might be able to help if i can read what ur trying to say.

cuz i got kappa speakers and are currently amp-ed
Old 08-26-2004
Registered!!

tgctruly is an unknown quantity at this point
You are right here I rearrange them for you to see easily, ma bad~
1. I am installing amp/Infinity kappa605cs/headunit by myself.

2. The wire diagram I think are: speaker/twitter wires -> crossover-> amp -> headunit.

3. How/where do you run the speaker wires for twitter and woofer? Do I just unhook the factory wire and replace them with 14 gauge speaker wires? I see people saying about running them in the rubber grommet between the fender and door panel (the rubber hole), I wonder if that's where I should run the speaker wires to the crossover.

3. The rca/speaker/remote on wires 1 side, power wire on another side? or rca/speaker 1 side, remote/power 1 side, which one is correct that wont get engine noise.

4. My amp rca is cut by thieve in front but not back in trunk, want to know if I can just buy rca head connect them without buy a new amp kit and run all the wires again.

6. What other things i need to watch out for during the installation? so far I know about ground and place fuse right next to battery for the amp.

to VP: (1) I got 6"5 infinity kappa 60.5cs, (2) Amp i just order alpine mrv-f340 55wx4@4ohms. They not sub like your pefect 12 is ^^
Aight tks guys!
Old 08-26-2004
Registered!!

VP Stylee is an unknown quantity at this point
yea perfects are the bomb diggedy. i wired my remote last night so that was out of the way ill take pics of it when i get home. never wired tweeters before but your instruction manual(if u bought the amp new) should tell u what size wire should work best/will fit.
Old 08-27-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
ok cool i got everything

1. headunit - i HIGHLY recommend you got best buy/ circuit city buy the PLUG'IN wire harness (u will need 2....car harness - 1st bought harness - 2nd bought harness - back of headunit)
kappa speakers - these speakers are huge, u will need to cut the door frame, spacer, and the metal braket.
Alpine amp - pretty much easy stuff.

2. yea ur diagram is right

3. ok since the crossover has to be inside the door.
this is how i ran my wire.... starting from the crossover - side by side w/ the door gromet*so its visible when the door is open.(its a bitch to put it INSIDE the door gormet) - under the foot kick panel - under the sill - through side wall of the back seat - into the trunk.
Wire gauge - on my kappa (non-component) there are infinity-stock wires coming out of the cross over (20guage) so i had no choice but to use 20gauge. but i think w/ component u can choose w/e size u want. (not sure on this)

4. LOOKING TO THE FRONT OF CAR
left speaker wire - left side of car
right speaker wire - ride side of car
rca w/ built in remote lead - LEFT side of CENTER CONSOLE - under carpet and keep it to the LEFT - under the rear seat
power wire - RIGHT side of CENTER CONSOLE- under carpet and keep it to the RIGHT - under the rear seat

5. BUY NEW rca w/ built in cable remote wire. its like 9$ (knukonceptz.com)

6. For this task. give urself 1 whole day *REMOVE ALL PANELS. STRIPE UR CAR!!!!!!!* will make it easier. u could place fuse holder in the trunk.
PPL recommend fuse holder to be under hood cuz of fire hazard.

there u go buddy. still need more help aim me: kenduong03