Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Where to get window "molding"

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Where to get window "molding"

I'm having a hard time looking through online parts sites that don't have pictures or diagrams because I don't know exactly what this part is called.

What I do know is that it looks like crap. The black is peeling and spotted and no amount of back to black can fix this. I want to replace the "window molding" on both doors.

Anyone know where I can get this or what the actual part would be called?

See photo: (it's the part circled and with arrows point to it in case you're not sure. )
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

CivicPro01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to HondaAutomotiveParts.com and youl will find it...
Old 03-21-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Here it is....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...DING-PROTECTOR

Hope I could help... Now give me your points! lol jk

texascivic2k1
Old 03-21-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet! Thanks guys!

One more parts site to add to my list.

I usually use magauto.com but from their diagram I couldn't tell what the heck part # to order.
Old 03-23-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
majestic honda wins again a.k.a. hondaautomotiveparts.com they also have a acura side of majestic for those wanting DC5 parts
Old 03-23-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I think all 01's and at least 02's have this problem. I am going to replace those soon also. do up a diy
Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold2k2_civic_ex_4d is a splendid one to behold
I've seen some of our cars with that piece in chrome. I want that, where do I get it?
Old 03-23-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
you have already got it.... the base of the molding is aluminum when the rubber wears off or gets eaten by the sun you see the shiny aluminum underneath. just look at older gen civics that have it partially worn off and you'll see.
Old 04-02-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

I'll try to remember to bring my camera and take some pics of replacing them. Just gotta figure out how to get the old ones off now... haven't had time to look at it. Hopefully doing this after I replace my shocks next week.
Old 04-02-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just use some protectant on em often or that happens. mine lasted 4 years with very little peeling. Its sun damage mostly, and my car sits out all day.