Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

new 2011 SI Sedan Rev Hang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kbrebel04 is an unknown quantity at this point
new 2011 SI Sedan Rev Hang?

Recently got a new 2011 Si Sedan and i have been noticing when i shift above 4000 RPMs that it will sit at whatever RPM im at that's above 4000 for a few seconds.

This happens when i press in the clutch and release my foot from the gas peddle.

IT is Very annoying and if i do shift like this really sounds terrible :/ how do i fix this? is it something the dealership can fix or am i SOL?
Old 05-26-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: new 2011 SI Sedan Rev Hang?

You might be able to flash it via a tuning program. I'd look around. I've heard the horror stories of DBW in manual transmissions and you have my sympathy.
Old 05-26-2011
Registered!!

Not what i was looking forward to hearing

Could this be fixed by taking it to the dealership and having them reflash it?

I have seen many youtube videos etc and have not seen one where i heard rev hang like in my car :/ it really takes the fun out of it, i would rather not mope around always having to shift at 2500-3000 RPMs to not sound like a shitty driver :/
Old 05-26-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I'd call. It wouldn't hurt and won't cost you anything but a few minutes of your time. I drove one and didn't notice anything. I had a hard time getting the timing down, but I think it was from the clutch biting so damn hard because the car had very low miles on it. Some people just learn to deal with it.
Old 05-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully they have a fix. the drive by wire throttle means your traditional cable for the gas pedal is replaced with computer control and this can cause lag when the pedal moves.
Old 05-26-2011
Registered!!

im just surprised i haven't seen anything on this until now.

Its not like a little thing, it is VERY annoying and really takes away from the enjoyment of what the car is hyped up to be, shifting through gears sounding like a novice when there is nothing you can do about it. you have to options:

1. Don't shift above 3000 RPMs

or

2. Sound like you can't take your foot of the gas peddle when you push the clutch in...
Old 05-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

when i test drove a 2006 auto way back when it was new, i immediately noticed the problem and was very disappointed in the way the gas pedal felt and reacted. its completely different than the older cars conventional cable style pedal. i think it was a bad move for honda. keep it simple!