7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Video. 03 Civic Stalling only after coming to a stop.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlexFromCali is an unknown quantity at this point
Video. 03 Civic Stalling only after coming to a stop.

Hi so today I was cleaning my engine bay just checking all vacuum lines, fuel lines, etc.

No oil leaks, no fuel leaks, no air leaks.
The car never has a problem cranking after stalling.
I reset the ECU and let it idle for 10 minutes, it didn't stall. It only stalls after moving, and coming to a complete stop, or releasing the throttle at a very low speed.

In the ON position the CEL flashed 4-5 times. And as you could see the dash light for Park, Reverse, Nuetral, Drive comes off randomly, and sometimes when i'm in Park the Drive light comes on along with the park light together.

Excuse my McChicken craving but I honestly just needed to capture it on video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76og...ature=youtu.be
-As you can see in the start, the car is in the ON position and the CEL flashes
No codes read.
- At 1:20 you can see the green dot light for DRIVE comes off. Same at 1:33
- At 1:55 the car stalls while in drive
- At 2:05 you can see that the Park/Drive light are both on when turning the car off and back to on.
- At 2:23 the CEL in the On position goes from being normally on, then flashes 5-6 times. After that the drive gear light turns even though it's in park. It also makes a shift linkage noise/brake engaged. at the end when the green dot for Drive gear shows up it makes a click for the shift ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNy...ature=youtu.be
-The reason why i stalled even giving it throttle was because I forgot to turn the car to off after it stalled, instead i recranked it. But you can see how at the menu board i stalled.
-At 1:25 I stall, CEL OIL BAT light come on and im in park and the drive gear light turns on.

Help would be appreciated.

My thoughts are
IACV
Compression?
I was losing oil before, ever since i topped it off the most recent time the oils been at max fill.
Does anyone know what TPS percentage is supposed to be during idle?
Old 07-27-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Video. 03 Civic Stalling only after coming to a stop.

IDK why it stalls yet, but....... your observations look like normal things that happen when the engine stops running, and when you turn the key on.
Watch all the lights on a good day when you first turn on the key without starting the engine, they will pretty much do the same things.
Old 07-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlexFromCali is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Video. 03 Civic Stalling only after coming to a stop.

Yeah man, if i can start the car without taking off and it idles fine for however long I want it to, that mean's there's compression right?
I can hit 3k rpm, automatically shift into 3rd and hit 3k rpm again.
I bet my *** it's intake related. The lines look 100% fine running to the IACV, my other post on a different thread said there was possibly a fuel leak but if it idles and doesn't cut out due to fuel there's no problem. Fuel pump/Filter are brand new with new engineered equipment.

No problems after running the new fuel pump for a month
No problems after running SRI after 8 months.

It just happened with no change so i'm sure somethings clogging having to do with intake. I was just too lazy to take it apart so I just wiped down the whole intake and throttle assembly and reset ECU. I did idle relearn and i used OBDII tool to see that the idle rpm would always stay 695-708 RPMs. It only ****ed up after i actually take the car out and hit my first stop.