7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Troubleshooting engine bay noise (continued)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMeanNoAssets is an unknown quantity at this point
Troubleshooting engine bay noise (continued)

Sorry for creating a new thread for the same problem I'm having but for some reason I'm getting an error when I'm trying to respond to posts on my thread. So basically this is just a continuance of my other thread...

Originally Posted by IMeanNoAssets
I'm not sure about getting a video. I'd have to come up with something like go ghetto and duct tape an old droid phone into the engine bay or something and running the car up and down the street. That's the only way I'd get it to rattle. For some reason it won't rattle while parked and idling. But as soon as I get video I'll post it as soon as I figure how to... lol. Thanks for the response.
I tried to get a video. Either I was incompetent at doing it or the phone sucked. I tried a few times. Putting the phone in the engine bay but engine and background noise was too loud to actually capture it. Even put it outside the car but all what was recorded was wind. I did manage to capture it but it was too low for anyone to actually hear unless you've got logitech z5500 cranked up all the way.

Anyways, I did managed to find a video on youtube of what the sound is exactly like.

(I guess I figured out what he problem was it wouldn't let me included an "http" in front of the youtube link. That's why it wouldn't let me post.) I apologize for this new thread in advance.

youtube.com/watch?v=rawCwvVXrBU

If someone you or someone can take a look at it and maybe drop me some hints I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Troubleshooting engine bay noise (continued)

Linky:

In the above video, the the loud buzz at 2800 RPM sounds like it might be exhaust related to me.
Cat heat shields, first pipe under the engine, something along those lines.