7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car wobble/jump

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicken04 will become famous soon enough
Car wobble/jump

A couple of days ago while heading to work, my car had a severe wobble/hop at 100-110kph and thought maybe it could be the tires had lost a weight. i took it to the closest tire shop to get rebalanced. The rebalance helped out considerably until today were the wobble/hop reappeared, could this be the tires going bad and separating or something more mechanical.
Old 03-22-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car wobble/jump

Take it back to whomever just balanced the tires. Maybe it threw off another weight.
Old 03-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

one of your tires might have a "bulge" in it....if you take the tires off and inspect them, a bulge is normally very easy to see....

or a weight has come off one of them
Old 03-23-2013
Registered!!

DeamonG37S is an unknown quantity at this point

If you fixed it and it came back its probably the same thing. Something in detail is not right, bring it to another shop, maybe their machine isnt the best or yoyo installing it isnt properly trained to notice a bent rim or something.
Old 03-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeamonG37S
If you fixed it and it came back its probably the same thing. Something in detail is not right, bring it to another shop, maybe their machine isnt the best or yoyo installing it isnt properly trained to notice a bent rim or something.
yoyo--I LOL'd.

How about "We can't pay anyone enough to keep BOTH eyes open!"

Or, "A tire balance must solve every vibration complaint, we don't even need to check it out first!"
Old 03-24-2013
Registered!!

sicken04 will become famous soon enough

unfortunately they couldnt take in my car today(taking to another place isnt a attractive option since i paid close to a 100) and thinking back to crawled to kal tire, the tire tech seemed unexperienced took him forever to even take off the nuts also couldnt drive stick(ran in and asked guy in front to drive it in lol)
Old 03-24-2013
Registered!!

eastsider is an unknown quantity at this point

Road force balancing might be the way to go for your wheel/tire problem. Find a shop location here: http://www.gsp9700.com/index.htm
Old 03-25-2013
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sicken04
unfortunately they couldnt take in my car today(taking to another place isnt a attractive option since i paid close to a 100) and thinking back to crawled to kal tire, the tire tech seemed unexperienced took him forever to even take off the nuts also couldnt drive stick(ran in and asked guy in front to drive it in lol)
The first thing I would have done is drive the car away from any shop that hires employees unable to drive a standard transmission.