7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best way to remove hood ding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Best way to remove hood ding?

I have a quarter sized, maybe a little bigger ding in my hood, I tried to pop it out on the other side but no luck. Seen a few ways on the net and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a cost effective way to take it out!

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best way to remove hood ding?

did you try the heat gun compressed air trick ???
Old 08-13-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I used a paintless dent removal service on a creased dent on my trunk, when I backed into a pole that was below my sight line last year. Guy used a heat gun and some other tools. I was skeptical, but it came out so well, I gave him a $20 tip. It was flawless. Cost me $50. More than a DIY, but less than a body shop. Gonna use it again for a dent that the fender roller caused, being too agressive try to flare it.
Old 08-14-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Can you take a pic? I just had literally all my dings on my car removed last Tuesday night and from what the guy told me, ones on the hood are really easy to get out because of the access to under the hood. He prettu much says punching out the dent from inside is the best method. But you need the right tools for it.