7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Uhhh....It kinda just happened..

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Uhhh....It kinda just happened..

Well guys....I sold the civic.

It really just kind of happened the other day. I went by the lot where I was paying on my civic and saw something sitting in the lot. I stopped in and asked about it. 4200 is all he wanted. And, I had dealt with this guy a few times before, so he would let me make payments. But, I would have to pay off the civic first. The only way to do that...was to sell.
Later that day, I happened to mention the car to a friend. This is the conversation in it's entirety.
ME- Wanna buy my civic?
FRIEND-What year is it?
ME-'02
FRIEND-How many miles?
ME-141,000
FRIEND-How much you asking?
ME-$3000
FRIEND-Let me see.
And that was that..I had actually forgotten the conversation even happened until a few days later. I got a call from the girl
FRIEND-You still wanna sell that civic?
ME-Uhh...yeah, I guess. Why?
FRIEND-I'm at the bank signing for the loan now.
ME-Whaaat!?!?
FRIEND-Wanna clean it out? I'll be over in a few hours.
ME-Ok...
And by the end of the day, I was drving a Chevy.

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. 70,000 miles.

I want to thank you guys for being around while I had this thing. I learned a lot of stuff from the members here, and the archived info of older members. I thoroughly enjoyed my civic. And, when I got rid of her she had 141,731 miles on the original 02 automatic tranny. Which, I believe to be quite the feat. I'll continue to troll around the forums...maybe poke my head into some conversations...I wasn't really all that active to begin with, so you guys won't be missing much. But, this was my first real car forum..And, it doesn't feel right leaving..lol.

Thanks again, guys.
Old 08-12-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Re: Uhhh....It kinda just happened..

You'll be back.... Lol but seriously, congrats man. I hope you enjoy it! Your wallet sure wont haha.

You don't have to leave the forum, theres a few guys on here without civics still posting lol. Like SpeedDownZone. He has a GLI (though he just got an 89 civic from his aunt for his DD, but that doesn't count lol).
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

uhhhhhh
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, like I said. This is the first real forum where I actually contributed(little as it may have been). So, it's kinda like home. I obviously won't be able to talk about my civic. But, I still love the car, and the people here. So, I'll be around.
Old 08-13-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats and good luck. That's quite a change. Maybe your friend can join the forum now, Haha

Last edited by maxtierney; 08-13-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

haha that's a good idea Max, you should send your friend a link to the site Underdog.

But hey, I might sell my civic in the spring and I'll still be around, a lot of other members are in the same situation, i can think of 10 or so off the top of my head..
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can add me to that list. tho ill be gettin a rsx type s and still keeping my civic as its paid off and gona be the family car. ill never leave they have to shut the forums down first and even then ill try to log on

Originally Posted by UnderDog

Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

Thanks, guys!

I will definitely take your advice and try to get her on here...Although civicchick is still holding it down rather nicely for the female civic crowd.

It is such a change going from the civic to something this big. There's so much room, and so much power! Munching up gas like a monster would, however. Averaging somewhere in the low to mid 20's. Compared to around 35 with the civic.

It really was a great buy. The guy let me take it home without paying a penny on it. I just paid the taxes, and registration. I'm only paying 250 a month, and don't even have to start paying him until the beginning of next month! Now, we're in the process of selling her '99 Mazda Millenia. She's looking into a blazer.

I'm still going to utilize alot of information on this site. The monte carlo forums don't seem to have as much detail as you guys. Here we've got d.i.y.'s for just about everything. Which reminds me, the first project is taking care of some nasty chips in the hood, and then refinishing those wheels.

Well, Wish me luck, everybody!
Old 08-13-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Good luck! Monte Carlos... are interesting. They're like mullets... business in front and party in the back lol.
Old 08-13-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Good luck! Monte Carlos... are interesting. They're like mullets... business in front and party in the back lol.
LOL yep. Nice pickup though.
Stick around

I certainly plan to when i switch vehicles.
This forum is too much of a close-knit family
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

I would never go from my civic to a Monte like that. Gas sucks on them and they constantly break. Get the LIM gasket checked out, they go out every 50-70k miles on that la1 block. I've had 2 of those motors and never had luck with them without pissing money on the engine. Hopefully your luck is better.
Old 08-13-2011
Registered!!

^^Gas is a bi-otch!!! I can't believe how much money it seems like I'm dumping in the tank already...I'm sure it will get better when I get paid and can fill the tank..But, $10 gets me about half of what I got out of the civic.

Also, I just finished reading a thread on mcf(montecarloforum.com) advising people about those L.I.M. gaskets..Definitely gonna get that checked out. Here's hoping my luck will be better than yours! lol

And, Kenny..Those are the words I was looking for. Even though I don't contribute as much as others(I.E. you) this forum just seemed to welcome me with open arms. Unlike the other forums, this one does feel like one close-knit little family. Everyone is actually here just to help everyone else out. No flaming(as long as you search), no trolling(well, maybe a little). Just a bunch of helpful people. And, that's why I shall stay!
Old 08-14-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you should have got a 79
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1023& transactionid=1313302090-69376837&posted_by=lowlife9_www.civicforums.com&yo utube_video_id=InPoPRfqNWM[/autostream]
Old 08-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

congrats and good luck with the steering
I drove one from OKC to TN once (12 hour trip).
When i jumped back in the vic, i was turning the wheel with my pink...
Old 08-14-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Turning the wheel with your pink? That must have been interesting.
Old 08-14-2011
Registered!!

two in the pink.
Old 08-15-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
two in the pink.
And 1 in the stink......THE SHOCKER!!!

Really loving the Training day reference. LOVE the 79's, 86's, and the 73's...Mmmm I drool all over these things....

Name:  monte4.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  79.6 KB

C'mon guys....you can't be THAT mad at me....lol
Old 08-15-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by caaraa
They're like mullets... business in front and party in the back lol.
Hey I said that like 6 posts above! Copy cat lol
Old 08-15-2011
Registered!!

so are you keeping it stock ?? no flowmaster,cherry bombs.
Old 08-15-2011
Registered!!

It will have to stay stock for at least a bit. I plan on Plasti-dipping the wheels(they are beat...like, bad.) Until I can get a new set. I would love to tint these windows, as well.

Thank God this thing came with the "High-Sport Package" So, I have the GM lip kit. Although there are a bunch of Monte's around here, none of them have this. So, that's a bunch of money saved.

These stock radio's also control some of the warning lights(Low tire pressure, change oil light, etc.) so I'm going to be getting a harness to re-locate the stock unit to the trunk, and looking into a touch screen dvd player for up front.

the 2003-and-up SS models came with a Supercharger. So, I've already started looking for an L67 head to swap on to get me started there...

Other than that, I haven't put too much thought into what I'm doing, mod-wise. A new exhaust...intake..the usual.

Of course, all of this is just daydreaming...I'm poor as poor can be, while still paying all my bills. So, that's why plasti-dip was first on the list. Even that will prolly have to wait a week or two..4 bottles @ $7 a bottle = $28 that I should probably put in the gas tank instead..

Last edited by UnderDog; 08-15-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Meh, monte carlo's are not my thing, but i have a friend who would be envious of you! Hope you enjoy the car
Old 08-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tbohar
Turning the wheel with your pink? That must have been interesting.
bwaaaahahahahahaaaa!
love you guys too! darn!