7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brand new 2003 Civic Ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerabetes is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Brand new 2003 Civic Ex

So if i get just eibach/tein springs i can put them on my completely stock suspension for around $300 and it wont destroy my car?
Old 10-06-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

lol.. I sat on the top hat to compress the fronts (and no, my ******* wasn't directly on top of them.. it was more like the middle of my hamstrings with a socket extension to undo the retaining nuts on top), then slowly stood up to release them. The rears weren't under as much pressure so I just up and unscrewed them

no one was hurt, nothing went flying. That, and spring compressors don't fit on coilovers, so when adjusting those, I just have to manhandle them. It sucks ***.
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
do the maintenance before anything how many miles are on it what has been done to it maintenance wise. you should know the 01-03 civics have automatic transmissions have problems make sure that fluid is good.
65xxx, Very well-maintained. Older couple who babied it. ALright thanks for the heads up
Old 10-06-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I smell an accident waiting to happen

Note to self, do not stand next to riceboy when he is changing springs
You know you dont need a spring compressor to put lowering springs on. If you are putting the stock springs back on you will. And the springs dont come flying out. I have done this a million times and they dont. They give a little pop and they move alittle.
Old 10-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerabetes
So if i get just eibach/tein springs i can put them on my completely stock suspension for around $300 and it wont destroy my car?
The only thing it would do is cause the stock struts to wear out faster, but even then, it'll take a while, assuming you're not hella dropped on stock struts. A mild drop of 1.5" or less will do you fine on stock struts.. and you can get them NEW for $215 plus shipping.. I have heard that the eibach's do sag a bit more and end up lowering more than they advertise. I can't vouch for that personally. Tein's stock fairly true though.
http://www.dezod.com/cat-springs1.cfm

Here's my car dropped on s-techs
Name:  DSCN1236.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  145.7 KB
Old 10-06-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I just like to be on the safe side with anything that can explode out and kill someone, you dont always know how much they are compressed, and I dont want to find out the hard way

and yeah, i didnt know you were changing coilovers, clamps dont really fit that well on those
Old 10-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I used the coilover bit to justify not using valve compressors.. lol.. I own 2 different kinds, and none of them work.

lowering spring installs, i don't use 'em. As for removing stock springs, I like to live dangerously.. lol, but really, like I said, I did compress the front springs by sitting on them, then slowly standing up, and the stock rears aren't under enough pressure to pop off and hurt someone. Look up the DIY spring install by "Mex" and he has a couple animated gifs of taking the struts apart to swap the springs. The fronts pop pretty well and the rears pretty much momentarily shake when it finally pops. That's how I justified not using a compressor. And that DIY guide is the one I followed, as well.
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Nice car, ill look into those. I might just wait till i have some more cash. ANy idea how long the stock struts will last if i put on lowering psrings
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Nice car, ill look into those. I might just wait till i have some more cash. ANy idea how long the stock struts will last if i put on lowering springs
. Is oem the same as stock, cus the tein s. tech springs say they are made to fit oem
Old 10-06-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

OEM = Stock
Original Equipment of Manufacturer...I think

And I'd rather be safe, even if it's with a half **** clamp made from 2 pieces of wood, 2 bolts and some wing nuts

I get scared around brakes/suspension lol
Everything else I'm fine with taking apart
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

01-05 coilover DIY http://gametrax.net/springs/index.html and picture of a cheap riceland coilover that came apart and potentially killed someone

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

^^thats the same exact diy guide I used, just in the form of a thread we have here
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Im loooking into lip kits, and reccomendations. ALso any idea what it would cost me to get it painted, or should i just leave it black primer
Old 10-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Paint it. There are a lot out there.. "mugen style" and "type-r" style being popular ones. The oem and kaminari lip kits are kinda nice, too. Personally not a fan of the wings west one
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

SHould i match the car or do like a black, any idea how much it would cost
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

do it yourself sand,clean,prime then clear coat you can get your color paint mixed into spray cans.
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
do it yourself sand,clean,prime then clear coat you can get your color paint mixed into spray cans.
Alright, how much will it cost me to mixed my color into the cans
Old 10-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

you can get a 12oz. rattle can for 20 bucks
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Are there any dyi guides to install this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...Q5fAccessories