7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Teen driver here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bayani47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Teen driver here...

So I have a '04 Civic Si (Canadian model, equal to US EX) with an automatic transmission (I had no choice). It currently has no performance mods if I remember correctly.

I'm quite curious to know any tips on how to do good in drag racing. By drag racing I mean, being at a stop light beside a car that wants to race you to the speed limit (nothing crazy). I've drag raced my friend with a '06 Chevy Cobalt LS to 80km/h (~40mph) and I won surprisingly.

Like I stated before, any good tips on drag racing with an automatic? Plus, is it okay to have a good launch via applying brakes and revving my engine around 3k rpm before the lights turn green?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: Teen driver here...

First of welcome, and na automatics are not really for racing so get yourself a manual and if your going to race please take it to the drag strip or the track.
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

modularama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bayani47
Like I stated before, any good tips on drag racing with an automatic?
I'd advise against putting stress on an automatic transmission, that tends to be expensive.
Old 04-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Every race can be a 3000 dollar race
Old 04-14-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Might wanna be careful with that, even if you're not breaking the speed limit.. I know some places stateside, you can still be pulled over for street racing even if you haven't broken the speed limit.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/9...ticket-if.html

Back in high school, my buddy got pulled over by an undercover cop at 35mph in a 45mph zone for street racing after launching at a green light

And I'd have to agree with 02civicsi02.. If you wanna race, keep it on the track. Even at low speed **** can happen.
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Street Racing is dumb... Plus in an automatic :@.. Why cant u just drop the lil baby and just put some subs in da back and some nice shoes and just cruise..
Old 04-14-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Yep... Its called exhibition of speed here in good ol' Utah.
Old 04-14-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

And honestly, if ya wanna race someone on the street, no one on this forum is gonna support it. BUT, if you absolutely have to, make sure there are no other cars around. Or take the guy to a empty street. If the guy really wants to race ya, he will go. Trust me I have seen some really bad things involving racing on the street. A buddy of mine lost BOTH his arms! He wont be racing EVER again!
Old 04-14-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, this is not need for speed mr. "teen driver". it's not like you can just bounce off walls and ur car is fine. besides you have a bone stock auto honda civic. you want to drag race? at least go to the drag strip so when your transmission falls out i'm not stuck behind you at the light.

if you happen to live in my area, i will personally meet you and smack you in the back of the head for thinking this was a good idea.

Last edited by HLC; 04-14-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

sounds like another new bayani troll hit the forum...
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what the hell are you going to race prius's and mopeds its a civic and automatic at that keep that **** off public roads dumbass.
Old 04-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

what is the proper plural for prius? Priuses? Prii? hahahaha..
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Peeasses
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

I smoked this guy in a street race the other day.
Old 04-15-2010
Registered!!

ExistEvolution is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Awjvail

lies he totally pwnd you
Old 04-15-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not on a downhil
Old 04-15-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
not on a downhil
yeah on the downhill, he hit terminal velocity before my vtec even kicked in, yo.
Old 04-16-2010
Registered!!

Hondaguy89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I stated before, any good tips on drag racing with an automatic? Plus, is it okay to have a good launch via applying brakes and revving my engine around 3k rpm before the lights turn green?

Thanks!
Applying the brakes and revving would be disastrous.
Old 04-16-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

then ignore the red lights, remember, he would need to try to brake! a 18 wheeler would cause less damage!
yeah on the downhill, he hit terminal velocity before my vtec even kicked in, yo.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-16-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2010
Registered!!

My god I got flammed here hard.

Umm, I think you guys are assuming I'm racing people through the traffic. I'm just talking about when you're at a stop light and you just try to beat them at accelerating to whatever speed limit. Nothing dangerous as there's no traffic in front of you or anything. No bets or anything.
Old 04-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Doesn't matter.. even if its not for money or anything, and even racing to the speed limit, you can get cited for street racing/exhibition of power (unnecessary/excessive acceleration)
Old 04-18-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

My god I got flammed here hard.

Umm, I think you guys are assuming I'm racing people through the traffic. I'm just talking about when you're at a stop light and you just try to beat them at accelerating to whatever speed limit. Nothing dangerous as there's no traffic in front of you or anything. No bets or anything.
R U for real?!? Not another troll in the forum?!? My god...
good luck and go search in the forum about the automatic trans in your car... And stop by the stick in the racing forum - it's on the top of the page...
That type of threads will always get bashed around here if you bothered to read other posts, by the way...
Old 04-18-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

You only got flammed because you are trying to street race and asking us how to street race better. For one probably everyone on this forum does not street race. It is stupid and you risk other peoples lives including yourself. The reason why the honda scene is hated because of all the people ricing out there cars and the ones that just go around racing anyone and everyone they pull up to.

Everytime I am driving and someone pulls up beside me at a red light and starts reving or pulls beside me and stays beside me waiting for me to go. I always look at them and give them and thumbs down. Do yourself a favor and go to the track. You can either go to the drag strip or Auto x track.
Old 04-18-2010
Registered!!

I think you guys assume I think myself as a hotshot and trick out my ride. I plan on not modding my car much anyways. I understand why Honda got a "ricer" reputation and I intend to not go to that direction. I don't show off my car or anything. I don't race EVERYONE who pulls up beside me at a stop light, usually just ones that I luckily know.

I really regret making this thread :/
Old 04-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I think you guys assume I think myself as a hotshot and trick out my ride. I plan on not modding my car much anyways. I understand why Honda got a "ricer" reputation and I intend to not go to that direction. I don't show off my car or anything. I don't race EVERYONE who pulls up beside me at a stop light, usually just ones that I luckily know.

The story of my buddy that got pulled over was him in a bone stock automatic 67 mustang.. I'm not assuming you're gonna be a hotshot and race everyone on the streets. Just tryin to look out for people man.

You may just race to the speed limit with people you know, but that one time a cop sees you do it, you're SOL..
Old 04-18-2010
Registered!!

lol you give them the thumbs down i give them the finger.
Old 04-18-2010
Registered!!

seoul4korea can only hope to improve

I would say a lot of mean things because really that's kind of how I am on this forum butttt....... since it seems everyone else already has then I guess theres no reason for me too. I will say this. Street racing it racing no matter how it's done, where it's done, and when it's done. you may not say anyone on the road at the time, but that doesn't change the fact that at any moment people could walk on the street or some kid could run out in front of you or a car could pull out on to the street. The point is, everyone on this forum is bashing you because they don't want some dumb kid killing people because we wants to beat that all mighty Geo Metro. you have an 04 civic with an auto tranny... 105 WHP and your trying to drag race people? you picked the wrong car to "lightly" mod your civic because you won't get much by lightly working on THIS car. just save your money for some books and learn about what your trying to get into. Come back when you figure out how a motor works.....
Old 04-18-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Well said..
Old 04-18-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Please regret what you did, not the thread. Hopefully you did learn something from it all...
Old 04-18-2010
Whachya lookin at?

All it takes is a split second, a kid you didn't see runs across the road and your accelerating like a lunatic and boom... A split second and your lives have been changed forever. Even if you were only going 30mph. Who was more careless, you, are the kid?

Quick Reply: Teen driver here...