7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bumper changes on Gen 7 Sedans

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumper changes on Gen 7 Sedans

Will 05 hood front/rear bumpers fit on 01 model?

As you can see by my sig below, I'm restoring an 01 LX Sedan for my daughter. Since I'm going to be replacing the hood &,front/rear bumpers, I was wondering if I can update the look (while staying with the stock appearance that my daughter prefers) by installing 05 parts without serious modifications (replacing lights front & rear...etc).

Thanks
Old 03-13-2010
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bumper changes on Gen 7 Sedans

nope... you have to replace the headlights, radiator support, fenders and some other misc. pieces. you can use the rear bumper with no complications though, it bolts right up.
Old 03-13-2010
Registered!!

Thanks baron340, I guess I'll stay with the 01 front end but go for the 05 style rear bumper. After dropping $2500 in into it this week, The bottom of my wallet is getting easier to see.
Old 03-13-2010
Registered!!

Keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point

Aftermarket replica bumpers will save u some paper. I paid $70 for my replacment front bumper cover, looks and fit perfect.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

Thanks for the tip Keepitmovin. I knew Honda likes to make mid-life cycle changes and was just curious if the last version of the gen7 was compatible with the first. I found a vendor on eBay a couple days ago that I can but the front and rear bumpers painted & shipped for about $450 and a hood for about $275 + shipping.

Last edited by Cosmo1; 03-14-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Umm.. that's a bit steep for pricing. Certifit has the front bumper for the 01-03 for like $40 ish. It fits great and works just fine. I have one on my car. The 04-05 rear is also like another $40 or $50. Paint shouldn't cost more than a few hundred dollars on two brand new bumpers at a half way decent body shop. What kind of damage was done to this civic? Or are you just refurbishing it.. or whats the deal. We can probably help you more if we know what you are having to replace to begin with.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by baron340
Umm.. that's a bit steep for pricing. Certifit has the front bumper for the 01-03 for like $40 ish. It fits great and works just fine. I have one on my car. The 04-05 rear is also like another $40 or $50. Paint shouldn't cost more than a few hundred dollars on two brand new bumpers at a half way decent body shop. What kind of damage was done to this civic? Or are you just refurbishing it.. or whats the deal. We can probably help you more if we know what you are having to replace to begin with.
I am a shop manager for an aftermarket tire & repair facility. Last week a customer had their car towed in after it lost all power & stalled when driving down the highay & would not restart. It ended up being the timing belt. We worked him up an estimate for a used engine & he declined due to lack of funds. He said he called the local U-Pull-It and they offered him $150 for the car. I offered to match it and he accepted it. After we got the car back into the shop for an inspection, here is what it needed:

Engine with all new seals, gaskets, drive belts, radiator & heater hoses, spark plugs, thermostat, timing belt w/tensioner
All filters (fuel, engine air, cabin A/C, transmission filter)
Flush (brakes, power steering, cooling system, transmission fluid exchange)
Air filter box (screws over-tightened)
Front struts
Ball joints & bushings
Left CV axle (bearing noise but boot not torn)
Front rotors & pads
Windshield
L/F window regulator w/door panel
R/R quarter glass
Hood (dented, rusting, peeling, no clear)
Front & rear bumpers (scraped, cracked & punctured)
Radiator support
Front inner fender liners
L/R tail lamp
Rear view mirror
Spare tire cover & Spare tire hold down bolt.
Rear speakers & new wiring from them to the HU
Interior needs major detail (may need to replace carpeting)

May still need:
Radiator & cap
A/C condenser & dryer

Last edited by Cosmo1; 03-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

Umm.. wow.. if all that stuff really needed replacing, that thing has been abused like none I've ever seen. But my bet is, a lot of those parts are probably aging and would probably be just fine for the time being. i.e. the fuel filter. I've never, ever seen a clogged fuel filter in these cars.

If you haven't replaced the rad. support, you might as well go ahead and replace it for the 04-05 model. You can get a set of Depo headlights for pretty cheap on ebay. Everything else for the swap was on your list and certifit has good prices on the rest. Check out the forums for most of that stuff as well. Like.. I've got an air filter box sitting in the garage that just fine.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

I just bought a whole OE air intake setup from the classifieds for $40.00 shipped. I'll have to look into the depot headlights though. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?
Old 03-16-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...Q5fAccessories

80$ shipped if you searched eBay more you can prolly find them cheaper.
Old 03-16-2010
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

man that sounds like one hell of a project. post up some pics of the before damage and when you're done post up the after pics. that would make this ultimately one of the coolest threads ever... a full 01/03-04/05 conversion and engine rebuild.

good luck man!
Old 03-17-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CoupedUp04
man that sounds like one hell of a project. post up some pics of the before damage and when you're done post up the after pics. that would make this ultimately one of the coolest threads ever... a full 01/03-04/05 conversion and engine rebuild.

good luck man!
You have no idea how trashed this car was. I filled up a large trash bag with the old McDonalds boxes & bags, gum wrappers, empty coke cans, newspaper, junk mail...etc. He must have spent $500 on soft drinks & spilled half of every can onto every surface in the car. I spent all weekend scraping & vacuuming the interior & used 3 bottles of Formula 409 on the interior to get it to a point where I can drive it without sticking to what ever I touched.

After finding out last night that I also need to replace the power window master switch, passenger front window switch, driver door lock switch, complete master door lock assembly & a new battery, I'm putting off the update body mods till the smoke clears from my wallet!